Home

After dumping nearly 300 hours into FM13 since launch...

This is a discussion on After dumping nearly 300 hours into FM13 since launch... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
After dumping nearly 300 hours into FM13 since launch...

I've decided to come back to FIFA 13 for a bit and try to use some of what I've learned.

FM13 and FIFA 13 are great companions, honestly. They both make me appreciate what each has to offer.

It's made me want to start a VP as a more... complete player. Before I played FM13, I was always a striker. Fast, get up and try to score tons of goals. Now I see that positions like Attacking Center Midfielders offer a style that I hadn't really bothered to look at before.

I'm glad this is a world where both of these games can exist - help feed my need for managing and getting down in the dirt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: After dumping nearly 300 hours into FM13 since launch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr
I've decided to come back to FIFA 13 for a bit and try to use some of what I've learned.

FM13 and FIFA 13 are great companions, honestly. They both make me appreciate what each has to offer.

It's made me want to start a VP as a more... complete player. Before I played FM13, I was always a striker. Fast, get up and try to score tons of goals. Now I see that positions like Attacking Center Midfielders offer a style that I hadn't really bothered to look at before.

I'm glad this is a world where both of these games can exist - help feed my need for managing and getting down in the dirt.
I couldn't agree more, watching the ME in FM 2013 is such a beautiful thing at times, and can be so cruel at times. When you see your striker making a run, and then your midfield doesn't get the ball it is so frustrating. However, when playing FIFA you can make that decision and try the through ball, you don't have to wait on the A.I. However, FM 2013 gives you such a more tactical game, whereas with FIFA you have the user control in terms of gameplay but tactically you don't, and plus you don't have to worry about player personalities.

I spent around two solid hours a couple days ago just creating a starting eleven for FM 2013, trying to find the perfect Wide Midfielder. I settled on a guy without speed, whereas in FIFA i would have settled on a winger or wide guy who had the speed. Maybe I'll try to use that FM 2013 strategy I picked up in Fifa. You are right, the games complement each other so well.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: After dumping nearly 300 hours into FM13 since launch...

Until today, I hadn't played FIFA 13 since 30 October. It was a bit of a shock loading it up and seeing how, honestly, gorgeous FIFA 13 is.

I know the ME for FM isn't but a graphical simulation of the stats behind the game, but it was honestly refreshing to see the game in motion with that attention to detail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »