Home

How to make a great FIFA 13 team

This is a discussion on How to make a great FIFA 13 team within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
Rookie

kjking's Arena

OVR: 6
How to make a great FIFA 13 team

I started off as Cardiff City in Npower Championship. In year 3, we are now in the Premier league in Year 3, and finished 10th. How you build your teams is appreciated. will finish post later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to make a great FIFA 13 team

Most people do it extremely cheap. Either by buying all-pace youngsters like Josh King (Man U), or by buying all the "wonderkids" whose potentials they've looked up on the internet. IRL, Chelsea, Barca, etc aren't going to sell their talented youngsters for $1.5 million. At least not until they know what their future is somewhat going to look like. It's kind of cheating cause the game is flawed. Or exploiting the AI I guess.

Teams in England's lower divisions are going to build their squads around experienced players who aren't cut out for the Premier League. They don't just go around purchasing the bigger clubs' youth academy. I think to do it fair too you should only grab guys on loan who are loan listed and you shouldn't set a future fee unless the guy looks like he won't be able to play in a side like Man U or whatever. Also, only bring in 1 or 2 talented loanees each season.

Just saying, it's not really hard to take a team from the lowest English division and turn them into European contenders when you're buying players who you know will turn into 90-overall rated players in a couple seasons. Also buying guys like Jack Butland for $1.5 mil when you're in the lowest division isn't realistic especially since he's on a Championship team and has interest from all of the big clubs in England. Teams like Aston Villa, Norwich City, etc he probably wouldn't even want to play for.

People should set house rules on pace too. Just loading up a team full of 85+ pace guys can make a 2 star team look like a 5 star team. It wouldn't work that way in real life.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I see what you're saying, and I agree, but I mean it does happen. Look at Southampton and Clyne.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
Most people do it extremely cheap. Either by buying all-pace youngsters like Josh King (Man U), or by buying all the "wonderkids" whose potentials they've looked up on the internet. IRL, Chelsea, Barca, etc aren't going to sell their talented youngsters for $1.5 million. At least not until they know what their future is somewhat going to look like. It's kind of cheating cause the game is flawed. Or exploiting the AI I guess.

Teams in England's lower divisions are going to build their squads around experienced players who aren't cut out for the Premier League. They don't just go around purchasing the bigger clubs' youth academy. I think to do it fair too you should only grab guys on loan who are loan listed and you shouldn't set a future fee unless the guy looks like he won't be able to play in a side like Man U or whatever. Also, only bring in 1 or 2 talented loanees each season.

Just saying, it's not really hard to take a team from the lowest English division and turn them into European contenders when you're buying players who you know will turn into 90-overall rated players in a couple seasons. Also buying guys like Jack Butland for $1.5 mil when you're in the lowest division isn't realistic especially since he's on a Championship team and has interest from all of the big clubs in England. Teams like Aston Villa, Norwich City, etc he probably wouldn't even want to play for.

People should set house rules on pace too. Just loading up a team full of 85+ pace guys can make a 2 star team look like a 5 star team. It wouldn't work that way in real life.
This.

Although I sometimes loan players from the transfer list too, but aim to have no more than 4 loanees.

Also, stick to a wage structure when starting lower in the leagues. Don't blow your budget on a few players.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I like to search in the country that my team is in, and in some of the neighboring countries. When I am using Swansea City - I like to look heavily at the EPL, nPower, Scotland, Ireland ... with the "story" being that these are the players that I (in the context of my team) am most likely to be aware of. I could include the wrinkle that the current Swansea management has established a bit of a connection with the Spanish leagues ... so I could follow that and add the Spanish leagues into my "first-pass" when searching.

I am intrigued by scouting this year (I used to love it, then it was gone, then it was back last year - but it was not very helpful) - I want this to be a path that works ... I like the "feel" of having developed/discovered my own talent.

I do use a couple of resources ( sofifa.com and fifascoutingtips.com ) to help me compile (way too much) data on how I want to go into each transfer window. I really like these two sources - so I wanted to give them some credit in this space.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Although I can't say it offends me the way others play, I personally must use a strict board, and I never use sites like FIFA fanatic, where they pretty much map out who exactly to take. I just don't find it fun. I also try not to make any moves in the first transfer period, playing it out until January with the default squad. To build my club I will first and foremost use a scout in my home Country to build the youth academy. What I do next depends on funds, talent, and the like.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Although I can't say it offends me the way others play, I personally must use a strict board, and I never use sites like FIFA fanatic, where they pretty much map out who exactly to take. I just don't find it fun. I also try not to make any moves in the first transfer period, playing it out until January with the default squad. To build my club I will first and foremost use a scout in my home Country to build the youth academy. What I do next depends on funds, talent, and the like.
I play out my cms in a very similar fashion, main difference being I make moves in the first window, but never big ones. I have a few really young players that I like to use and I will snatch them up in the first window so I can start using them for cup games and whatnot.

I also have recently changed my scouting tactics. I only scout for defenders now, since the attackers/midfielders I produce are never even close to what the cpu produces. So I take the SAF approach and snipe youth players that haven't developed yet. I usually keep it as realistic as I can, for a while at least. After the 4th or 5th season though, realism has pretty much gone out the window.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

100% Agreed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »