Home

What are some good formations to use

This is a discussion on What are some good formations to use within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Unfortunately, the game is programmed in such a way that it's impossible to fully control how far your defensive players will move up the pitch when attacking. However, to ensure your players stay back as far as the game coding will allow when shifting to defense, lower the user line height slider, all the way to 0 if you need to. I know that sounds opposite to what the sliders state, but believe me that's what works.
Actually I kind of figured out how to avoid a player getting out of his position. For example, in the 4-1-2-1-2 formation the CDM never gets out of position because there's a CAM directly in front of him. If there wasn't a CAM there then the CDM would see the wide open space and fill it in. That's why I narrowed the distance between my 2 CDMs. If they're too wide then they tend to slip in between my CF and LW/RW. If they're narrower together they won't come up as much because the CF is in their way.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: What are some good formations to use

how are you supposed to attack with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation? Work the wings or work the center. I want a formation that has good defense and can attack from multiple ways.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Actually I kind of figured out how to avoid a player getting out of his position. For example, in the 4-1-2-1-2 formation the CDM never gets out of position because there's a CAM directly in front of him. If there wasn't a CAM there then the CDM would see the wide open space and fill it in. That's why I narrowed the distance between my 2 CDMs. If they're too wide then they tend to slip in between my CF and LW/RW. If they're narrower together they won't come up as much because the CF is in their way.
Really? That's interesting info, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxdomination
how are you supposed to attack with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation? Work the wings or work the center. I want a formation that has good defense and can attack from multiple ways.
Any and every opening man! If it's too crowded in the middle for your CAM then open it up with your wingers and vice versa
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Any and every opening man! If it's too crowded in the middle for your CAM then open it up with your wingers and vice versa
It's more than the formation in terms of crowding - you need to look at your tactics and see who is set to make runs on offense and defense. If you have a CM or CAM that is set to make a run up, he'll be hanging out a lot in the box, which may or may not be helpful to you.
Boston Celtics

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »