Home

Differences between PS3 and PS4 version?

This is a discussion on Differences between PS3 and PS4 version? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Differences between PS3 and PS4 version?

Is there a big difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions of FIFA14? I'm really on the fence about buying a PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Differences between PS3 and PS4 version?

After viewing the tiny handful of meticulously edited FIFA 14 next-gen marketing videos involving super close-ups of players' feet kicking soccer balls in ultra slo-mo, I'd say it's clear FIFA 14 is going to ROCK!

Seriously, are you looking for informed answers or just opinions? Because only the latter is possible at this point.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Good ol' Yeats, cynical as ever, lol.

One major difference is that the PS4 version will be using the Ignite Engine while PS3 will be using the same one as FIFA 13. While we don't yet know whether or not the new engine will offer a considerably better playing experience (if you believe EA's hype), that's one major difference. Personally I'm getting FIFA 14 for PC and whatever next gen console I decide to go with. I'm only paying for one of them though
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Good ol' Yeats, cynical as ever, lol.
Compare the PES 2014 content that's been released compared to FIFA 14. There are entire gameplay videos of PES in action along with in-depth weekly dev video dairies. Konami is openly showing and discussing their game. What has EA shown us? A small handful of heavily edited and doctored marketing clips, much of which appears to be pre-rendered and not even actual gameplay.

I say what I say because it's clear how EA rolls. Their "game development vision" is to simply buy up sports licenses, knowing they then don't actually have to show FIFA or Madden, or even put out a decent product for that matter. Because no matter what they release, people are going to rush out and buy FIFA and Madden because their games have "Man United" and the "Dallas Cowboys."

I expect FIFA 14 next-gen to be the same arcadey experience current-gen FIFA is, albiet with prettier graphics. And that's not being cynical IMO, that's being a realist. And it's based on the fact both FIFA and Madden essentially play like they did 10 years ago on Xbox 1. EA caters to the young pick-up-and-play crowd with their games, they're not interested in innovation and creating a sports simulation. They have a very specific creative vision for FIFA, Madden and NHL, and they stick to it because they know their target consumer base prefers arcadey fun over in-depth simulation. And it's for that reason FIFA next-gen's gameplay is not going to change.

The difference between PS3 and PS4 FIFA will be improved graphics and more animations, that's about it. And also an improved online experience: EA is big on developing that aspect of their games because, again, their target consumer base is the young online gaming crowd.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I've grown tired enough of the scripting and the arbitrary "ice skating" feel of FIFA that I'm considering PES next year.

During my most recent career, I've found that EA more or less forces my team to play like utter crap on a given day. Sometimes, it's for an entire match, sometimes it's for just one half, but I can *feel* it immediately. My faster players are slow. My slower players are basically zombies, and the opponent - whoever they are but especially if they're a bigger club - play like banshees.

I'm not sure if PES will have enough balance in its gameplay to outweigh its weaker Career mode and lack of licenses, but I'm going to earnestly pursue it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Please don't take that as a jibe. What I said was in reference to your sarcastic opening, which I found amusing. Perhaps cynical wasn't the accurate term.

As to the rest of your other post, I whole-heartedly agree. Over the years I've learned to take a "guilty until proven innocent" approach with EA. I fully expect FIFA 14 to be FIFA 13 with updated rosters, more emphasis on UT, and less emphasis on CM, which is why I'll be getting it on PC first (wink wink). As to the next-gen version I would be remiss if I didn't at least try it out. If I find that the only difference is better graphics I'll just return it and stick with the PC version.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Please don't take that as a jibe. What I said was in reference to your sarcastic opening, which I found amusing. Perhaps cynical wasn't the accurate term.
I honestly didn't, I was simply trying to explain the reason for my comments in, hopefully, as fair and as uncynical a way as possible. I love FIFA 13, it's a great game after months of editing. EA is doing some things right with their games for sure, FIFA definitely is fun and addictive.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0
What I'm looking forward to in FIFA 14 is new uniforms, current rosters with more accurate stats, better graphics, and HOPEFULLY a better career mode. I've loved this career mode but I hope they go more in depth with things such as international management which feels dry compared to the rest. Unfortunately, I'm sure the only thing that going to be improved greatly is all of the online features. Lame

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »