Home

How many years and EA still can't fix auto switching?

This is a discussion on How many years and EA still can't fix auto switching? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How many years and EA still can't fix auto switching?

No matter how many times I make sure auto switching in the controller options is set to NONE, the game always auto switches at crucial times in matches, especially when back defending a counter attack. WHY can EA still not fix this bug? It has been in each season's games for years. At least the last 3 versions have had this problem.

One last complaint... my teammates are stupid. How do I make them smarter? Raising the difficulty level does not make them smarter, neither does lowering the difficulty. Is the only way just to raise the slider for marking ability?

Last edited by nyrangers81; 11-08-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: How many years and EA still can't fix auto switching?

On console there is no way to make them smarter. This is ea's idea of increasing the difficulty. They make the user team dumb and you have to switch to every player constantly to manually control them if you want them to play better.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree.

A) I think when the ball passes within a foot of your players foot and you dont hyave control of him, FIFA gives you control automatically.

B) I think they use this to make the game harder, in a really cheap and stupid way

This is what's pissing me off more than anything right now. Nevermind where players run to receive passes, or rather dont run, they never run to the ball and even when it passes near them, AI players ignore it. I'm ok with all of this for now, but the player switching is so bad some games are unplayable
Old 11-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

I have accepted that playing on semi-pro is the only way I can enjoy a game. I just have to make sure not to do so much offense all the time otherwise I could score a lot more so I play more realistic by passing around and wasting time, etc. But the auto switching just catches me too off guard way too often, I wish there was a way to fix this and make your teammates smarter. They said the nextgen games have better teammate AI and opponent but we will see if this is just marketing talk.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
I have accepted that playing on semi-pro is the only way I can enjoy a game. I just have to make sure not to do so much offense all the time otherwise I could score a lot more so I play more realistic by passing around and wasting time, etc. But the auto switching just catches me too off guard way too often, I wish there was a way to fix this and make your teammates smarter. They said the nextgen games have better teammate AI and opponent but we will see if this is just marketing talk.
I am brand new to the game, and soccer, but the auto switch kills me every time. I cannot tell you how many 85th minute goals I give up because of the switching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
MVP

razorkaos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers81
No matter how many times I make sure auto switching in the controller options is set to NONE, the game always auto switches at crucial times in matches, especially when back defending a counter attack. WHY can EA still not fix this bug? It has been in each season's games for years. At least the last 3 versions have had this problem.

One last complaint... my teammates are stupid. How do I make them smarter? Raising the difficulty level does not make them smarter, neither does lowering the difficulty. Is the only way just to raise the slider for marking ability?
I have the same problems, and i just hope it's a problem related to the game engine, which is old, and i hope they can fix these problems when the next gen games come out... but, i just don't believe they'll do that.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Rookie

I hope nextgen is better, and I hope they bring nextgen to the pc next year.

My last complaint is throwins. For starters, it was nice EA added quick throw ins and everything, but even when regular throw ins happen, the defense is never in position. That rarely happens in real life. So EA only did half of the job, they programmed throw in scenarios, but forgot completely about what happens on defense at that time.

Changing captains during the match, selecting who takes free kicks from the left or right, and selecting who does throw ins on the left and right would be nice additions.

Last edited by nyrangers81; 11-12-2013 at 06:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »