Home

How to get the most out of Career Mode

This is a discussion on How to get the most out of Career Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2014, 03:33 AM   #1
Rookie

tylerr6's Arena

OVR: 0
How to get the most out of Career Mode

I've tried countless teams, settings, leagues, etc., and haven't been able to enjoy a career mode yet this year. I'm on XB1, the game looks great and runs well, no complaints in that regard. Mainly, my gripe is with the AI. I just... can't enjoy playing it. No matter what I do. I have all the teams on CTTs, tried world class/legendary, sliders, game speeds, so on.

Anyways, tired of playing the spammy people online and want to start a *final* career mode and actually stick with it. Like I said, I have the CTTs. Plan on simming around 50% of the games to balance realism and speed it up.

So, wondering, to those with experience - what settings have given you the best experience? I've heard legendary is too robotic and world class is more unpredictable. I don't mind somewhat random results as long as it evens out in the end and produces fun games. Too often I find the CPU will never shoot, make backwards passes when through on goal and just general confusing/bad decisions.

Planning on starting tomorrow so feedback would be cool. I'm on normal speed (prefer this) and semi-controls, not doing manual. 7-8 minute half length so seasons don't take forever. Thanks.

[posting this in general & slider discussion as it applies to both]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Re: How to get the most out of Career Mode

all your questions have been andwered a 100 plus times on the forums already.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

and its comical that people ask for help and suggestions about the game, and then eliminate 3/4 the suggestions people would give, you answered your own question. You only wanna play 6-7 quarters, you heard bad things about legendary and world class lol so play semi pro, your gonna sim half the games to balance realism, cuz that makes sense, cuz they sim n real life. No CM last more then a few weeks when you sim the games. Oh and you even answered you dont wanna play on manual controls lol so why ask for suggestions if your gonna eliminate 75% of the answers off the bat?

so you pretty much answered all your questions & they have already been answered 100 plus time on the boards. But we needed another post about it. thx.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 01-26-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Rookie

RunnyEggs's Arena

Interesting post, Ron. I'll go the non-douche route.

To answer your question, I have had the most fun playing as my favorite team: Tottenham Hotspur.

I am actually attached to the players, and I generally care about the direction of the team. I play on World Class with default sliders. I also play every game (unless I clinch the premier league with a game left or something).

I just started my fifth season with Spurs, and have won three straight EPL titles. This would probably be the point where it would get boring (especially since I won the treble in my third season), but now is the point where many of the Superstars are getting old, and I have to look to my youth academy.

To me, developing youth players has always been the most fun in the FIFA games. I have found World Class can be unpredictable, but is realistic. You need to remember that sometimes the worst team in EPL will steal a 1-0 win over the top team. It happens.

So my advice to you is play on World Class, and just enjoy yourself. Find a team you actually care about. Don't get too focused on getting super realistic shots or possession stats as long as the final results are realistic and you're having fun.

(Also, when international management comes around. Get a European team. There is actually meaningful competition.)
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Wait, so this question hasnt been asked already a bunch? there isnt other threads dedicated to this topic already? I know personally I've answered several.

You play every game, he doesnt wanna do that. Nothing you just gave him advice about he wants to do. He clearly stated that.

you play EVERY game like myself and in 5th season cuz you love coaching and managing your team and group of players, if you sim half games or more, you dont get that, that in depth coaching, that bond...

I love the coaching aspect of soccer, who can i plug in, who doesnt work in MY system, not the computer when they sim games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

funny you call me a douche...

He says, He sims half his games or more to speed it up and balance realism...

For one, the end makes no sense... Secondly, hes asking how he can get the most out of His CM but wants to speed it up, makes no sense...

Why would you want to speed it up if you want to get the most out of it?

but your right im a douche
Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

uh yeah dawg you totally are and possibly unrelated but i like the coincidence of your reg date being the same month and year as tony aaron's ban date
Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhatch
uh yeah dawg you totally are and possibly unrelated but i like the coincidence of your reg date being the same month and year as tony aaron's ban date
Ron is a little headstrong and unwilling to let others have opinions at times. But lets not compare him to the most unrelenting douchebag that was tony Aaron. That guy was out of control

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »