Home

Contract talks with current players

This is a discussion on Contract talks with current players within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2014, 03:22 AM   #1
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4
Contract talks with current players

I am a little confused with the wage conversations. My players will tell me that they've been working hard and doing well and discuss wages. When you go into contracts, they will be asking for 10K more or so, etc.
My problem is with the contract length.

Let's say I have a guy that has 4 years and 3 months left on his contract. He wants to discuss wages. It will show player demands 1 year and more wage. I'll give him the money he wants. But then when it comes to contract length, my section says additional years. Obviously this wouldn't add to his 4 years and 3 months. I don't see anything more than 5 years long. But at the same time, is this guy trying to get out of his 5 year deal and just sign a 1 year contract? If so, that's a little dumb. Because they will never accept the money I'm offering because their "contract length demands" are not met. No one's happy at the end. Am I missing something or this whole "let's discuss wages boss" is a waste of feature for players that already have long contracts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 03:52 AM   #2
Pro

doyce7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Contract talks with current players

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedache
I am a little confused with the wage conversations. My players will tell me that they've been working hard and doing well and discuss wages. When you go into contracts, they will be asking for 10K more or so, etc.
My problem is with the contract length.

Let's say I have a guy that has 4 years and 3 months left on his contract. He wants to discuss wages. It will show player demands 1 year and more wage. I'll give him the money he wants. But then when it comes to contract length, my section says additional years. Obviously this wouldn't add to his 4 years and 3 months. I don't see anything more than 5 years long. But at the same time, is this guy trying to get out of his 5 year deal and just sign a 1 year contract? If so, that's a little dumb. Because they will never accept the money I'm offering because their "contract length demands" are not met. No one's happy at the end. Am I missing something or this whole "let's discuss wages boss" is a waste of feature for players that already have long contracts?
Should just add years to the end of the contract.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:01 AM   #3
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
But then when it comes to contract length, my section says additional years. Obviously this wouldn't add to his 4 years and 3 months.
You're wrong here. It's additional years. It's a contract extension. The new wage will go into effect immediately however.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
Too old for manual FIFA

hedache's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
You're wrong here. It's additional years. It's a contract extension. The new wage will go into effect immediately however.
That's what it sounds like, but I don't think it works that way. Player demands 1 year and has a 4+ contract. I add 1 more year with the money he asks, he says his contract length demands were not met. That sounds like he wants a contract that is only 1 year long then. Which is impossible to do with the current options in that case.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's what it sounds like, but I don't think it works that way. Player demands 1 year and has a 4+ contract. I add 1 more year with the money he asks, he says his contract length demands were not met. That sounds like he wants a contract that is only 1 year long then. Which is impossible to do with the current options in that case.
It is what it sounds like, and that is how it works.

The reason you may not be able to add more time to his contract in your situation is that players do not ever accept contracts over 5 (could be 6, pretty sure it's 5) years in length in FIFA.

Any time you make a contract negotiation in FIFA, it adds the years you negotiate to the current contract.

Example: Mario Balotelli is currently on a 3 year contract and is being paid 185,000 Euro. He asks you to renegotiate his wages and you agree to offer him 1 year and 220,000 Euro / year. This means that he will now be signed to a 4 year contract at 220,000 Euro / year.

Trust the community, this is how it works.

It could be that your issue is happening because FIFA does not allow contracts to run longer than 5 (I think, could be 6) years at a time. If your player is on a 4+ year contract, then adding a year makes it a 5+ year contract, which the game simply does not allow.

Last edited by Dempseylicious23; 01-29-2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »