Home

National Team

This is a discussion on National Team within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: National Team

I think how you are performing has an impact on which teams you get offers from. In my Genoa career, when I was towards the bottom of the league, I would get offers from teams like Peru and Bulgaria. When I was in the top 5, I started getting offers from Portugal, Uruguay, Germany & France.
So current standings must have an impact.
So if you are managing B&H Albion and are winning everything in the BPL, you should be getting offers from some of the top national teams.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
Banned

@BiloxiSmitty
Now that you mention it, I once won the WC with Finland. I have also seen South Africa (not managed by me) make it to the semis one year

Last edited by jatiger13; 02-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #19
Just started!

I have a couple of questions about being a national manager. I am new to FIFA and am not an avid soccer fan, so I'm sorry if my questions are basic.

What is the latest date I can accept an international position and still play in that years World Cup? Also, is there a benefit to accepting a position before that time?

Second, I have offers from Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, and Austria as of December 14th. Should I hold out for better offers? Can I manage one of these teams and get better offers next season?

Than you!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium351
I have a couple of questions about being a national manager. I am new to FIFA and am not an avid soccer fan, so I'm sorry if my questions are basic.

What is the latest date I can accept an international position and still play in that years World Cup? Also, is there a benefit to accepting a position before that time?

Second, I have offers from Switzerland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, and Austria as of December 14th. Should I hold out for better offers? Can I manage one of these teams and get better offers next season?

Than you!
As far as I know, you can accept a position up until the day before the competition starts. Usually offers only last 3 months (if i remember correctly). After that, they expire and you can't accept them. So if you don't accept any of the offers you have right now, by the time March rolls around, you won't have any from those teams.

Also, where you accept depends on how you like to play. You could accept the job to coach the country of your heritage/nationality, if they are in the game. If you want a challenge, accept a team that is weaker, and try and go far with them.

The benefit to selecting a team early gives you the opportunity to play around with your squad. See who you like/don't like playing. Also, you may have to still qualify for the next major tournament your team competes in. So you will have a factor in whether or not they qualify.

I usually like to acquire a few of the stars on my national team for my club team, just so I can keep tabs on their growth and playing time more closely (especially if they are a potential superstar).
Old 03-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #21
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
As far as I know, you can accept a position up until the day before the competition starts. Usually offers only last 3 months (if i remember correctly). After that, they expire and you can't accept them. So if you don't accept any of the offers you have right now, by the time March rolls around, you won't have any from those teams.

Also, where you accept depends on how you like to play. You could accept the job to coach the country of your heritage/nationality, if they are in the game. If you want a challenge, accept a team that is weaker, and try and go far with them.

The benefit to selecting a team early gives you the opportunity to play around with your squad. See who you like/don't like playing. Also, you may have to still qualify for the next major tournament your team competes in. So you will have a factor in whether or not they qualify.

I usually like to acquire a few of the stars on my national team for my club team, just so I can keep tabs on their growth and playing time more closely (especially if they are a potential superstar).
Thanks for the info. Do you know the actual date (or approximately) that the competition starts? I'd like to field all offers I can since I'm not in love with the four teams I listed. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM   #22
Just started!

Also, I'm a little confused. Like I said, I'm not an avid soccer fan, so I apologize for my ignorance. I was searching the net for answers to my questions and saw that there are 32 teams who have qualified for the real World Cup 2014. I saw Austria and the Czech Republic are not listed. Does this mean if I choose either of them I will not be eligible for the World Cup in 2014? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #23
Pro

doyce7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium351
Also, I'm a little confused. Like I said, I'm not an avid soccer fan, so I apologize for my ignorance. I was searching the net for answers to my questions and saw that there are 32 teams who have qualified for the real World Cup 2014. I saw Austria and the Czech Republic are not listed. Does this mean if I choose either of them I will not be eligible for the World Cup in 2014? Thanks!
Not all 32 world cup teams are in fifa. Costa Rica, Honduras, Bosnia, ect. Replacement teams usually come from Europe in fifa so they may yet be in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
Banned

You'll stop getting offers in May, before the final roster selection for the tournament is made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »