Home

2014 World Cup squad issue

This is a discussion on 2014 World Cup squad issue within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
2014 World Cup squad issue

When you set up your squads to 23 men which is comprised of the top 5 spots in reserve and the substitution bench and starting 11, it stays just fine and works for exhibition matches. But the moment you go into a World Cup it will only keep those squads for whatever team you're playing with. Has anyone else seen this? It's ruining all the work I did on squads.

I've looked around and seen similar roster file issues but not seen anyone with this problem yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #2
MVP

Re: 2014 World Cup squad issue

Ok, well, in case anyone else here has found the same issue and not resolved it, I figured out the solution.
The problem is that when you use Team Management to set the 23 man rosters (Starting 11, Substitution, and the first 5 of Reserves) they stay put in World Cup mode only if you control the team. If you set the other teams to CPU control, for some bizarre reason that seemingly makes no logarithmic sense, the CPU will rearrange everything from the starting 11 all the way through the substitution bench. So the solution is simply to control all 32 teams in the Cup.
This caused another problem that I couldn't figure out how then to jump to the team I wanted to play with as there is no control for choosing what team to make 'active' on the World Cup main screen as there is in other sports games when you control all the teams. The game tells you which match is next assuming you want to play them all because you're controlling them all. Solution: You click R3 to 'Sim Fixture' and then keep clicking A (or X on PS3) to 'Sim to my match day'. That will only sim one match at a time so you can precisely stop at your desired team's matches.

Maybe I was the only one experiencing this CPU control of the squads. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 06-18-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the info man.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Actually, I'm having the squad issues with both Colombia and the USA even when having control of all 32 teams. Frustrating.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1013
Actually, I'm having the squad issues with both Colombia and the USA even when having control of all 32 teams. Frustrating.

Ya what's up with the US roster not keeping the 23 man I set when starting world cup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1013
Must be an injury you didn't notice. Otherwise it doesn't happen.
Try my squad file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »