Home

How do you play defense in this game?

This is a discussion on How do you play defense in this game? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
How do you play defense in this game?

Alright, I'm not the biggest soccer fan in the world, but I have a pretty basic idea of staying in front of your man on defense and not letting the opposition behind you.

So, why is it that no matter what, the AI has absolutely perfect passing skills, can avoid challenges and tackles at all cost, and pass the ball around my defensive zone and get a good shot on net 8/10 times??

Am I doing something wrong? Even the most scrub teams carve up my defense like no one is even on the field. I find myself chasing one guy the entire length of the field because it's nearly impossible to remove the AI from the ball. Yet when I have the ball they swarm me and I can do nothing.

What gives? How the hell do you play defense in this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #2
Rookie

iTz BlaKe B's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play defense in this game?

I've only had Fifa for about a week or two and I've only followed World Cups and a little EPL. At first I tried to push the cpu and get a tackle or turnover from anymore ever player with the ball (Think 2k intense D) but I've learned that unless they present the opportunity to tackle try to stay play the passing lanes more. Don't go into panic mode trying to get the ball out of their hands unless they are inside the box. Try to just keep the cpu sitting in one spot with the only passing lanes being backwards and they'll either force something or pass back.

Also against the computer with the sliders I keeping possession helps A LOT. Basically every minute you have the ball your Defense is playing as good as it ever could. When the Cpu crosses make sure to head the ball in the general opposite direction it came from. Don't use 3 in the back it's done nothing for me.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

GoSens, do you have a PS3? If so I'd gladly play you in a friendly to show you how to dispossess the AI, and up your D game, if not I'll try and think of a way to put it into words.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
GoSens, do you have a PS3? If so I'd gladly play you in a friendly to show you how to dispossess the AI, and up your D game, if not I'll try and think of a way to put it into words.
I'm looking to up my D as well, would I be able to add you on PSN?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
I do indeed.. Psn is VINColonel. I'll take any help I can get
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #6
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Stay organized, and use clearances whenever you have the chance (the shoot button in your own half of the field). The game will really reward you for being disciplined with your clearances.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I do indeed.. Psn is VINColonel. I'll take any help I can get

I'll be on later tonight, I don't have a mic, but I could certainly try and show you through the game interaction itself.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Alright, I'm not the biggest soccer fan in the world, but I have a pretty basic idea of staying in front of your man on defense and not letting the opposition behind you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »