Home

FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2023, 05:24 AM   #2873
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 23 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorActionRio
- Xbox Series X | World Class | 15 Minutes | Slow
- Final Version (Except: Sprint Speed 40/72 - Shot Error 60/75)
- Full Manual Controls (Except semi for cross. Manual for it is actually fully assisted! Details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...D/m-p/11864311)

Emphasizing the recent difficulty level discussion, here's a small clip showing why World Class is outstanding and why we should try absolutely EVERYTHING to make it more difficult before moving to Legendary and Ultimate.

Antony and Casemiro did one of the most beautiful kinds of play and passes I have ever seen in FIFA series. The CPU becomes "smarter" and more human, beating us without needing to do arcade and ping-pong repetitive and irritating quick passes.

Not only I really feel the CPU attacking and defending differently because of 72 in instead of 51, the +1 addition to the discrepancy, compared to our Sprint Speed value (so +32 in instead of +31 from 20/51), really change how they try different passes and plays, just like Matt explained weeks ago.

And since there are new people in the thread, mainly because of FIFA 23 being added to EA Play and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, before being asked, I will answer:

1) I'm using the final version sliders set posted in the first page. The only exception is 40/72 Sprint Speed. And also, of course, 60/75 Shot Error since I'm using full manual controls, so 75 would be too much. Absolutely no other changes!

2) Why I'm using 40/72 in instead of 20/51?! In order to not have my own slower AI controlled defenders improperly jockeying in counterattacks, conceding easy goals. So I had to preserve the necessary discrepancy, also increasing the CPU value then. Otherwise, World Class would be so easy if using 40/51 or 40/52, as I tested for a while. And yes, I'm applying 72 and not 71 for the CPU so that they are even more difficult both defending and attacking.
Very interesting, I'll try it.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:12 AM   #2874
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REYZIDANE
Very interesting, I'll try it.
Im afraid 72 sprint speed makes the games to much fast
Old 05-24-2023, 12:05 PM   #2875
Rookie

DoctorActionRio's Arena

Xbox Series X | World Class | 15 Minutes | Slow
- Full Manual Controls (Except semi for cross. Manual for it is actually fully assisted! Details here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...D/m-p/11864311)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMafrense
Im afraid 72 sprint speed makes the games to much fast
It will be faster, but not so much because, actually, when the player has the ball in possession the Sprint Speed will always be 50, as pointed and explained in the first page for both the User and the CPU. So, even when using lower values, they will be faster when carrying the ball.

Unfortunately, this is a typical FIFA "pick your poison" situation. If you set 20/51, your own AI defenders (the slower ones) will improperly jockey, as shown in some clips and, beyond this, CPU defense will be a bit easier to beat, as many people (understandably) complain about this being the reason they can't use World Class (because EA makes this difficulty dumb sometimes).

If you set 20/52 (or more) as recommended by Matt, the CPU will be noticeably better, but then they will exploit even more your slower centre back players issues. So, if you set 40/71 or 40/72, yes, the game will be a bit faster, but your defense won't have issues.

Most important! This will still be SIGNIFICANTLY slower than Default Pace and 15/15 Sprint Speed, as me and others used before to avoid, again, our own defenders jockeying. When I watch my old clips posted here it's a night and day difference. Slow Pace is way less hectic and the animations are calmer. Even with these higher values.

Also, the faster Sprint Speed unlocks somehow the HyperMotion "showcase" for Slow Pace that sometimes was missing, bringing back shoulder and physical challenges in general as examples. Everything become way more "alive" sometimes during the match.

Last edited by DoctorActionRio; 05-24-2023 at 12:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2023, 08:44 PM   #2876
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorActionRio
Xbox Series X | World Class | 15 Minutes | Slow

It will be faster, but not so much because, actually, when the player has the ball in possession the Sprint Speed will always be 50, as pointed and explained in the first page for both the User and the CPU. So, even when using lower values, they will be faster when carrying the ball.

Unfortunately, this is a typical FIFA "pick your poison" situation. If you set 20/51, your own AI defenders (the slower ones) will improperly jockey, as shown in some clips and, beyond this, CPU defense will be a bit easier to beat, as many people (understandably) complain about this being the reason they can't use World Class (because EA makes this difficulty dumb sometimes).

If you set 20/52 (or more) as recommended by Matt, the CPU will be noticeably better, but then they will exploit even more your slower centre back players issues. So, if you set 40/71 or 40/72, yes, the game will be a bit faster, but your defense won't have issues.

Most important! This will still be SIGNIFICANTLY slower than Default Pace and 15/15 Sprint Speed, as me and others used before to avoid, again, our own defenders jockeying. When I watch my old clips posted here it's a night and day difference. Slow Pace is way less hectic and the animations are calmer. Even with these higher values.

Also, the faster Sprint Speed unlocks somehow the HyperMotion "showcase" for Slow Pace that sometimes was missing, bringing back shoulder and physical challenges in general as examples. Everything become way more "alive" sometimes during the match.
NGL I've been doing default pace (10/50 20/51) because the game felt a little off with slow pace and especially Legendary. Now I'm on WC and didn't change pace though. Does slow pace inherently make the game more difficult, or is it rather realism or balance it achieves? I agree I want to try to use World Class at ALL COST lol
Old 05-25-2023, 08:10 AM   #2877
Just started!

I stumbled upon this thread by complete accident and I am so glad that I did.

I have applied Matt’s sliders and played three games, my experience has been totally transformed. Games feel more human, realistic and fun. I am playing World Class with 4 minute half length.

The first game I played was a cagey 0-0 against one of the better sides in the league away from home. We both had chances but there were lots of midfield battles and it was hard to break them down.

The second game was at home to a side ranked similar to my side. We won 2-0.

The third game was another cagey game away to bottom of the table, it was all set for another 0-0 until I managed to create a breakthrough and score a 91st minute winner.

All in all the sliders seem to be working great and have added depth to the gameplay.

A few issues I am having which I was hoping for some advice on please:

- As mentioned I am playing on World Class but I do find it can still be quite easy at times, mainly in terms of being able to dominate possession. In all 3 games I have posted around 55-60% possession. Is there anything people have tweaked to make World Class harder in this sense

- The reason I play World Class is because I just find Legendary infuriating at times. I’m not the best at defending and the tiki-taka AI around my box just drains any enjoyment I get from the game. However in saying that, I do find the overall gameplay of Legendary more challenging. Do the sliders in Legendary dumb this down at all or give it a more realistic feel?

By looking at the other responses in this thread it sounds like a few people are stuck looking for the happy medium in terms of difficulty between WC and Legendary.

It would be great to hear any success people have had in terms of combatting this.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:18 AM   #2878
Rookie

abbes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG1990
By looking at the other responses in this thread it sounds like a few people are stuck looking for the happy medium in terms of difficulty between WC and Legendary.
All depends. In my opinion you should try either FUMA with World Class or Full Auto with legendary.

I was using full manual with Professional couple months ago and it was brilliant, even more realistic and hard with WC.

Then stopped playing for months, now get back and decided to try full auto with Legendary.

So far so good, but not easy at all. You have to prepare yourself to get your *** kicked sometimes. Results tho are quite realistic, I'm like 7th with Man Utd at the moment, which seems legit with the level they actually play. Could win 3-0 against Brentford and then lost 0-4 against AEK in Europa League playing with my reserves.

Basically sliders for Legendary making it much more playable and realistic, but one mistake in defense = goal against. You realle have to be carefull when to press and when to blocking lanes. It really gives me sweaty hands when CPU is on attack and I have to defend - personally like the challenge, but I'm pretty sure it's not for everyone .
Old 05-25-2023, 12:07 PM   #2879
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbes
All depends. In my opinion you should try either FUMA with World Class or Full Auto with legendary.

I was using full manual with Professional couple months ago and it was brilliant, even more realistic and hard with WC.

Then stopped playing for months, now get back and decided to try full auto with Legendary.

So far so good, but not easy at all. You have to prepare yourself to get your *** kicked sometimes. Results tho are quite realistic, I'm like 7th with Man Utd at the moment, which seems legit with the level they actually play. Could win 3-0 against Brentford and then lost 0-4 against AEK in Europa League playing with my reserves.

Basically sliders for Legendary making it much more playable and realistic, but one mistake in defense = goal against. You realle have to be carefull when to press and when to blocking lanes. It really gives me sweaty hands when CPU is on attack and I have to defend - personally like the challenge, but I'm pretty sure it's not for everyone .
Cheers mate - I think you have summed it up quite well and I noticed the same with Legendary. I’m not a FUMA player but I can hold my own with auto on Legendary. Like you say I just struggle with the concentration aspect sometimes, you have to be 100% at it or the AI will tear you apart.

I might play a few more games at WC to settle on the sliders and then maybe make the jump back to Legendary/Auto to see if the sliders help make it a bit more realistic and manageable.
Old 05-25-2023, 12:07 PM   #2880
Rookie

DoctorActionRio's Arena

- Xbox Series X | World Class | 15 Minutes | Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyduck
NGL I've been doing default pace (10/50 20/51) because the game felt a little off with slow pace and especially Legendary. Now I'm on WC and didn't change pace though. Does slow pace inherently make the game more difficult, or is it rather realism or balance it achieves? I agree I want to try to use World Class at ALL COST lol
Why this huge discrepancy in Sprint Speed? Default Pace doesn't have the significant CPU defensive issues as seem in Slow Pace, forcing us to apply that difference.

Anyway, Slow Pace will make the game not so hectic as Default Pace does. Animations in general will be slower, more realistic, more pleasent to the eyes.

But, at least in my own experience on Xbox Series X, when using 20/51 (or 20/52) it lacks so many physical disputes, mainly shoulder challenges, compared to Default Pace with any Sprint Speed setting.

Since last year this is a never ending discussion here. Back in September/October we were arguing if Slow Pace was even broken. After all the patches, it became better and less "slugish" as it was right after the release.

In my own theory, which some agreed with me, it's like EA Sports developed HyperMotion technology mainly with Default and Fast Pace in mind. Why? Because of their atrocious multiplayer modes. None of them use Slow Pace.

So this is why many people argued here all over these months that Default Pace somehow make the gameplay more fluid and, as an example, even the goalkeeper saves become better. Gee_Simpson was one that multiple times reported this feeling also.

Then, when I was trying to fight against my own AI defenders issues, I increased the Sprint Speed in Slow Pace to 40/72. These higher values, at least on Xbox Series X, brought back lots of HyperMotion animations and gameplay situations that I only saw during the months I spend using Default Pace and 15/15 Sprint Speed.

So, finally, again, why are you using this significant discrepancy with Default Pace?! Technically, it's not necessary at all. And you will have an even more hectic gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »