Home

Old 09-26-2014, 03:22 AM   #1
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Legendary

Has anyone tried legendary with sliders? I was having a really easy time taking the ball from the CPU on WC and I'm not even that good. I tried Legendary and I'm really enjoying it. I'm able to play on 15 minute halves again since my offense isn't getting 25 shots a game on legendary (18 is the most so far) which is huge for me because this allows for more build up play and fouls.

Key stats from last game:

MLS
SEA(me) -- Stat -- PHI
3 -- Goals -- 2
18 -- Shots -- 16
4 -- Fouls -- 4
6 -- Tackles 15

And no that's not a typo, I actually only had 6 tackles on 15 minutes halves. It's the first time I've has under ten tackles on fifa in god knows how long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Legendary

What controls do you play with? Assisted? semi? manual? I play on legendary with a mix of my own/orion/ferret sliders and usually have pretty great games and I have to work for everything. I play a mix between semi/manual controls with 8 min halves to get through a full season this year. But yes, I always use legendary. Most people believe if im not mistaking that legendary is too scripted, I dont know if it would be too hard with custom sliders for realistic gameplay.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyfutbol86
Most people believe if im not mistaking that legendary is too scripted, I dont know if it would be too hard with custom sliders for realistic gameplay.
IMO...problem with top difficulty settings in sports games is that instead of increasing the over all difficulty level, sports games devs for...in my experience...decades now...opt to choose the path of cheapest development.

What I mean is, settings like legendary are simplistic in that they:
  • lower your teams attributes across the board
  • raise the game's team attributes across the board
  • decrease your probabilities in all 50-50 situations to something akin of 30 [for you] - 70 [for the game]...or less
  • dramatically increase the "favorable" random occurences factor in favor of the game's team/team players
That's not a higher difficulty, that's an arcade game and highly cost effective because it's simply changing the percentages on some columns under the hood. But if that's what a challenge means to you and floats your boat, cool beans for you and glad you enjoy that kind of challenge.

To perscribe a solution instead of just bitch about the status quo of difficulty settings...I'd like to see the higher the difficulty, the more planning and preperation you need to go into a match with. Team you are facing have a lot of speed on the wings or say at the ST position? You'll have to ensure you have set up bracket defensive coverage so players can't easily free run north-south up/down the pitch. Team you are facing have a hot player(s) in form? Well you'll have to contend with them by ensuring prior to your matchup that he/they is/are marked with your top defender...or even defenders. Etc. My hope is that with gameplay like FIFA 15 has demonstrated, maybe we can finally see some development time and dollars spent addressing this issue.

/2 cents

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 09-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Onlyfutbol86's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
IMO...problem with top difficulty settings in sports games is that instead of increasing the over all difficulty level, sports games devs for...in my experience...decades now...opt to choose the path of cheapest development.

What I mean is, settings like legendary are simplistic in that they:
  • lower your teams attributes across the board
  • raise the game's team attributes across the board
  • decrease your probabilities in all 50-50 situations to something akin of 30 [for you] - 70 [for the game]...or less
  • dramatically increase the "favorable" random occurences factor in favor of the game's team/team players
That's not a higher difficulty, that's an arcade game and highly cost effective because it's simply changing the percentages on some columns under the hood. But if that's what a challenge means to you and floats your boat, cool beans for you and glad you enjoy that kind of challenge.

To perscribe a solution instead of just bitch about the status quo of difficulty settings...I'd like to see the higher the difficulty, the more planning and preperation you need to go into a match with. Team you are facing have a lot of speed on the wings or say at the ST position? You'll have to ensure you have set up bracket defensive coverage so players can't easily free run north-south up/down the pitch. Team you are facing have a hot player(s) in form? Well you'll have to contend with them by ensuring prior to your matchup that he/they is/are marked with your top defender...or even defenders. Etc. My hope is that with gameplay like FIFA 15 has demonstrated, maybe we can finally see some development time and dollars spent addressing this issue.

/2 cents
Oh I wasnt complaining about it. I mostly was answering to the OP...I just simply have read on here that things of that nature that you listed happened on legendary and thats why a lot choose World class...World class to me with adjusted sliders just was too easy. Maybe I need to go full manual but only shooting is semi really, so I just went up and figured that those 50/50 possibilities that went more to them made it harder... Plus with semi shooting for myself with shot error i still have balls that get skied way over or wide. Actually ive hit grass before the ball and it flopped so i was content with keeping shooting semi. I also have been able to place my shots just as well with semi as with full manual

I totally agree with having legendary meaning actually prep for a game...If they did that I would have a blast.

Last edited by Onlyfutbol86; 09-26-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: simplistic stuff
Old 09-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Have you even tried legendary? Not nearly as cheap as users past. Only differences I have in sliders is my marking is +5 and obviously their pass error is higher. But I'm still easily able to get a round people with more skilled players. As well as win 50/50 balls about 50% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Oh I wasnt complaining about it. I mostly was answering to the OP...I just simply have read on here that things of that nature that you listed happened on legendary and thats why a lot choose World class...World class to me with adjusted sliders just was too easy. Maybe I need to go full manual but only shooting is semi really, so I just went up and figured that those 50/50 possibilities that went more to them made it harder... Plus with semi shooting for myself with shot error i still have balls that get skied way over or wide. Actually ive hit grass before the ball and it flopped so i was content with keeping shooting semi. I also have been able to place my shots just as well with semi as with full manual
Yeah auto might be your problem right there.

I'm using Drunken Ferret's sliders as a base, everything manual except crosses on semi. For some reason I find the crosses on full manual to be really wonky, plus the game does a really annoyingly great job at ko'ing a vast majority of crosses. I guess EAS making up for the cheese cross days from the 90's and early 2000's.

I also always take a Football League 2 or 1 team and build them up for an extra challenge. Just passed the 2nd transfer window in year 1 with Notts County. At the top of the table 20-7-4. Yeah some games are a blow out, that's the fun, then you get to a Premiership level team in one of the cup runs and it's back to reality...oh yeah...imma still only mediocre.

Quote:
I totally agree with having legendary meaning actually prep for a game...If they did that I would have a blast.
Oh yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Have you even tried legendary...I'm still easily able to get a round people with more skilled players
Yeah, I'm just a tad confused by what you are trying to say. There shouldn't be any highly skilled players on legendary then? LoL. I'm sure that's not what you are trying to say though.

And no thanks on legendary. Like I said, I'm not interested in my players ratings being virtually meaningless and any old mid-tier to scrub player can be god like just cuz. That's not what a challenging game is to me.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 09-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Legendary

Legendary Semi Assisted 15 minutes.

SEA(me) -- Stat -- FC Dallas
1 -- Goals --4
22 -- Shots -- 14
14 --On Goal--10
4--Fouls--4
78%--PassAccuracy--82%

NE--Stat--SEA(me)
1--Goals--0
11-Shots-11
5--On Goal--4
3--Fouls--3
76%--PassAccuracy--75%

*Both games played on exact same sliders as OP game
Old 09-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Legendary, 15 mins, is the way to go for me. I really enjoy Legendary these last couple of FIFA's (14 & 15). I think the importance of coverage of the field and defensive pressure is what Legendary brings. I never felt that user attributes were lowered or anything like that, but there is always a sense of insecurity when you're leading 1-0 in stoppage time against the CPU's legendary offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »