Home

FIFA Legacy Games on Nintendo Switch?

This is a discussion on FIFA Legacy Games on Nintendo Switch? within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

OVR: 0
FIFA Legacy Games on Nintendo Switch?

Hi All,

I have a question that I didn't see an answer to anywhere and was curious if anyone actual could honestly answer or not. I don't want to turn this into a debate for or against the Nintendo Switch version. I play this version because it's all I have and can afford at the moment.

I read on Reddit and a few other sites with regards to sliders, difficulty and gameplay, that especially specifically FIFA 19, FIFA 20 Legacy and the new upcoming FIFA 21 Legacy are legitimately FIFA 16 that was offered on other platforms.

Key differences are: Uniforms, stadiums, UI upgrade and roster, etc.

What I am wanting to know is, is this true and can someone confirm that? Also if that's true, what are the best most realistic sliders / difficulty if that's what it's based off of.

I am wanting super realistic sliders. I play on Legendary and have worked with other sets that some guys on here made for the Switch version but it's hit and miss for the most part. I would think that these versions for the Switch would be close to the previous gen versions but I keep seeing FIFA 16 pop up.

I know it's not the latest and greatest gen game and I can accept that, just looking for a more realistic experience and better play which I know can be achieved as it was pre-PS4/XB1, I just need to try to figure out the version it's based off of and what set gets me to realism of play and difficulty.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA Legacy Games on Nintendo Switch?

I now exclusively play FIFA on Switch. As a career mode only player for a game that regularly takes 200+ hours of my team each year, the ability to play anywhere trumps all else.

I always felt like FIFA 18 on Switch was essentially just FIFA 16. FIFA 19 was definitely a slight change in gameplay, but it's tough to know exactly to what extent and I suppose it'll be impossible to ever confirm as obviously EA won't be keen to admit that.

I'm actually still playing FIFA 19 and as I assume the gameplay is identical in 20 and 21, the sliders I'm currently using (that I can remember as I'm currently at work) are:

Gameplay speed: Slow

Sprint speed: 14
Acceleration: 48
Shot Error: 63
Pass Error: 53
Shot Speed: 49
Pass Speed: 28
Injury Frequency: 99
Injury Severity: 72
GK Ability: 49
Marking: 2*
Run Frequency: 99
Line Height: 56
Line Length: 2*
Line Width: 46
FB Positioning: 99
FT Control: 98

For Marking and Line Length I got frustrated with how unrealistic they were at default, so I thought I'd put them right down to 1 and then slowly increase them game by game until they felt right. 2 is definitely too low for both, but it's going to end up closer to that than it will 50. When the CPU attack, take a look at the HUD at the bottom and how the rest of your team behave. Marking at 50, for some reason your attacking players decide this is the time to get tight to the CPU CBs and FBs, even if they aren't involved in the attack. This needs to be significantly lowered to stop this strange behaviour and hopefully encourage the whole team to actually defend appropriately.

Sprint Speed and Pass Speed probably look wildly low to some, but honestly this is how the game feels most realistic. You could push each up a point or two, but honestly no more than that imo.

I think it's important to have Run Frequency and FB Position much higher with slower sprint speed and passing and much tighter line length etc - otherwise your players will be too reluctant to ever separate from the rest of the pack.

FT Control similarly stops every player from having velcro on their boots, regardless of the difficulty of the pass, so anything less than 90 is unrealistic in this regard.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Hey,

I am definitely going to give those a run! I commented several time on the thread that was started about the Nintendo Switch FIFA post. I remember there were a few of us trying to find what worked. I always felt like FIFA on Switch while on the Switch must have been last Gen. I have even tried running with the OS Community sliders from FIFA 15/16, however, nothing ever felt right in the long run. Which I think was my own fault to be quite honest, I would use the team / teams - since I have a few favorites (Man City - Premier League, Sporting KC - MLS and Bayern Munich - Budesliga). Then I would just pick an equivalent, which to each one to test. What I didn't factor in was the "in real life" aspect, while it's a game, it's also to some extent a simulation where you aren't going to play exactly the same every time and neither is the opposition.

So, then when I tried your first set you posted in the other post, I liked a lot, it seemed to be better, HOWEVER, going from Premier League to MLS, different teams etc. The wheels on that set started straining, I then switched to a hybrid of your set and the community sliders but apparently with an update, or the fact I went from 19 to 20, something changed, I have researched enough to know that what was change should most definitely not change gameplay.

I know that not every match will be the same but I am looking for consistency of fluidity and closer to real life play, where you have to think and play with skill but the teams aren't running the field like calculated robots that can't be caught.

What is the difficulty and the half length you are playing with?

I can't wait to try these! I am thinking these might be a game changer. With the amount of games you've played, you must have something right! I have tons of games but not that many as I have had a really rough year and my FIFA took a back seat due to my health and my wife breaking her leg in half in several spots. So my FIFA time is going back to normal finally.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give these a run and see what happens.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Well, my Switch profile says I've played 310+ hours of FIFA 19 and I still wouldn't say I have a set that I'm 100% happy with - so make of that what you will!

Yeah I think what you say about not every game being the same is very important. If you make drastic changes, I'd say give it at least 2 or 3 games before giving up on it, as each one might feel quite different. Try and focus on only one or two areas at a time too, as even sliders you wouldn't think are linked can actually affect each other significantly - for example lowering Line Length automatically affects things like Marking and Run Frequency as it naturally brings players closer together than at default.

I think in terms of realism speed and space are essentially what needs to be addressed. Speed-wise, FIFA is too much like ping-pong out of the box as EA obviously want multiplayer games to be high scoring affairs, where in reality scores like 1-0, 1-1 or 2-1 are the most common (well, excluding the start of this season!). Similarly players are way too far apart from one another, allowing far too much space in midfield for people to pick perfect passes at their leisure.

As I say, I still think Line Length and Marking there could quite significantly change, as I'm essentially just tuning them both up from 1 (and only started doing so quite recently), so I think both will probably end up more around 20 in the end, but I'm doing so slowly as all I'm convinced of so far is that 50 is much too high for both, especially Line Length.

But of course, I'm still yet to actually play FIFA 20 or 21, so while they are the exact same game in theory, I'm not sure if that literally means one slider set on an old game will feel identical in the next!

Last edited by Bixer; 10-09-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixer
As I say, I still think Line Length and Marking there could quite significantly change, as I'm essentially just tuning them both up from 1 (and only started doing so quite recently), so I think both will probably end up more around 20 in the end, but I'm doing so slowly as all I'm convinced of so far is that 50 is much too high for both, especially Line Length.

But of course, I'm still yet to actually play FIFA 20 or 21, so while they are the exact same game in theory, I'm not sure if that literally means one slider set on an old game will feel identical in the next!
I am so curious how this is going to play, I think you are right and onto things. If I would have had the time to put in the play time, I probably would have drove myself nuts how they were. I think I am going to fire it up on my lunch break and see what happens. I have mine on 8 minute half and Legendary, here goes the first trial after while and see what comes. I also believe you are right on the Marking and Line Length.

EDIT:

I just took a break from work and played a quick match before lunch so I could tell where if any thing I need to adjust. Played as Sporting KC vs. Colorado Rapids. Ended up with a 0-0 match. Plays much different / better than I have ever had. I think the biggest things that were a change that I had to get use to was the fact that the play is more fluid and it's more strategy playing into shots and set up.

I definitely played like a new born noob though. WOW, what a change that made. Plus I just got FIFA 21 and hadn't set some of the settings that I like (I usually play End to End with Pro camera. So the broadcast for some reason threw me off. I played hand held and automatically the first thing I noticed was the fact that the graphics look quite a bit different both in movement and clarity, which from what I knew was not supposed to be changed in any way. But I am not blind, head to head with 20, there is a difference.

Overall happy with the marking and line, to me it seems more fluid but more realistic as far as the way the spacing works, it was a good mix of getting a good turn in play or getting burned.

More to come!

Last edited by Switched_17; 10-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #6
Rookie

I'll be intrigued to hear what you think after a few games!

Also apologies forgot to mention, yes I play on Legendary and 8 minute halves too.

For realism I think working towards a set that's good for 10+ minute halves is ideal, but for me the tradeoff is that I actually want to be able to complete multiple seasons too. Between stoppages, substitutions and weekly progress outside of matches (training, scouting, transfers etc), each gameweek so to speak takes me about 30 minutes as it is anyway, so I wouldn't want that to increase much further.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Switched_17's Arena

Honestly, I love it so far, had a 0-0, 0-1 tough loss and just had another 0-0. The biggest thing I'm struggling with is scoring and setting up the cross. I'm either surround, turn the ball over dumbly or just can't seem to get close to take the shot. I know a lot of it is because it's SO drastic change wise and I'm not got my timing, etc together yet.

I'll keep playing and see what happens this weekend. I'll be playing tomorrow at some point and most likely on Sunday since I'm smoking ribs tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #8
Rookie

After 190+ hours on FIFA 18 and 305+ (and counting...) hours on FIFA 19 I think I've finally learnt - don't bother messing with the line settings.

Unfortunately I think the search for that 'perfect' set of sliders just doesn't exist. All of the line settings/player positioning sliders are so sensitive that changing one affects another in a way you wouldn't expect, or sometimes don't even realise until a few games later. It's an endless rabbit hole that has you going round in circles, as fixing one thing simply breaks another.

With that in mind, I think I finally am now nigh on settled with;

Sprint Speed: 13
Acceleration: 47
Shot Error: 63
Pass Error: 53
Shot Speed: 49
Pass Speed: 26
Injury Frequency: 99
Injury Severity: 73
First Touch Control Error: 97

Goalkeeper ability, Marking, Run Frequency, Line Height, Line Length, Line Width, Fullback Positioning - just leave them all at 50 for your own sanity.

The sliders I have changed are fine as they produce immediate and obvious changes that you can cater to your own preference, whereas all the others make much more subtle changes and are all much more intertwined with one another.

I think I've just had to accept that the game will never be perfect and I'll never quite have that hyper realistic football simulator that I've been trying to design. Now, I can just enjoy the game for what it is.

Last edited by Bixer; 10-21-2020 at 08:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »