Home

Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dynasty within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #25
Rookie

thatzacdavis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dyn

This would make a GREAT addition to the series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #26
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
On last week's Press Row Podcast, one of the FIFA developers was asked if they were looking at adding some kind of Online Franchise mode, and his response was "not at this time."

Personally, I'd love to see a setup similar to NCAA Football's Online Dynasty, where you can move all the club teams around and create a super league, if you want to.
Did he mention if the returning tourneys would at least be able to be done online so we could at least have a single season online league?

Probably a no, but that would be an acceptable trade off for this year anyway.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #27
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

When I was approached by the devs in 2011 to give feedback and a "North American" perspective, this is the one feature that I hammered.

I believe that those of you that think it isn't being added for monetary reasons are way off base. UT is in place and making money. Money that can be spent across other modes.

Those who have talked about it being complex, I believe, are correct. If you look at the current offerings, you can't even view player statistics for leagues/competitions that you are not involved in. It would be a massive undertaking to go from fully simming (full results and stats, not just a league table) just a few competitions to doing every league in the game.

That said, the new consoles should have plenty of processing power to do it and I will be hugely disappointed every time a version is released without it, beginning with FIFA 15. If I was PES, this is all I would focus on: beating EA to releasing a game with a "connected" career mode. I'm quite sure EA is fully aware that they need to do it or risk having PES beat them to the punch and take customers from EA.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its laughable to think they couldn't do this. There could be 100,000 teams and they should still be able to do this. Since you are not in all the league they can do a "quick sim" of those leagues giving just W/L while the league you are in gets a more comprehensive simulation. This is also something where simulations of leagues outside of the ones players are in are continuously being simulated. (example I get to "week 2" right now and while I am playing week 2 or have my system turned off the other leagues are being simulated on servers so its ready to advance when I am) As a note you could be limited to 1 online season/franchise to limit server need.

If you want to see an example where there is roughly 1000 teams being simulated in a large league checkout whatifsports and their Hoops Dynasty and Gridiron Dynasty that has 3 divisions of college sports being simulated 1 or 2 times a day with a lot of real world players involved.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #29
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

looking in with interest from the outside, you guys are making it sound like FUT is the only game option.

is there no season mode of any sort? i mean what are my options here, i thought in fifa 14 people had their own players, and were customizable, etc....

EDIT: well manager mode, brain fart moment.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 10-23-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Does FIFA have anything similar to Madden's Connected Career or NCAA's Online Dyn

As a convert just this year from Madden I would say that an online league system would be a HUGE hit in FIFA. Especially if you could dump all the club teams into a pool and essentially create a custom league. EA would draw in a lot more US users once word got out and, IMHO, EA is underestimating how much interest non US users would have in this. In an age where everything is about being "connected", and this is especially true about gaming, this is a wide open, untapped market for the soccer portion of the gaming business.

If someone other than EA implements it first, and implements it well, the online gamers will switch. Once the onliners switch, the offliners will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #31
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
As a convert just this year from Madden I would say that an online league system would be a HUGE hit in FIFA. Especially if you could dump all the club teams into a pool and essentially create a custom league. EA would draw in a lot more US users once word got out and, IMHO, EA is underestimating how much interest non US users would have in this. In an age where everything is about being "connected", and this is especially true about gaming, this is a wide open, untapped market for the soccer portion of the gaming business.

If someone other than EA implements it first, and implements it well, the online gamers will switch. Once the onliners switch, the offliners will follow.

I agree with you. unfortunately, and as someone who really appreciates madden's online variety of CFM, EA leaves SO MUCH on the table as far as potential to accessing you CFM via the web.

The technology is there, and they have their little toe dipped in the water, but they are doing it all wrong.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »