Home

FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #25
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA 15 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
FIFA is a game I've been playing since FIFA 08 and I have to say I've been picking it apart ever since. I was (and still am, to a point) a die hard FIFA player, I'm a LVL 95 in EAS FC. In FIFA 13 I was the 30th or so ranked FWD for the majority of that year of the game, until I put it down because of the little things that just kept pissin' me off.

Here's a few things that I think need changed/fixed.

Career mode, it's a complete joke, I've always said this. Make a good one, basically a playable Football Manger game. Make it an add-on or DLC, I would easily pay $20 or even $30 bucks for it and I know many that would.

Clubs, if it's money they're after (Like UT which has completely ruined FIFA and Madden over the years) then add custom uniforms all with real life sponsors. Low level teams, low level sponsors (no-name brands trying to make some kind of name for themselves) and for the highest level teams like the 5-star teams, they could give them the high level sponsors like lets say Coke, Adidas, Samsung, etc. Have these companies pay for the right to be the sponsors and that could make them enough money for them to actually allow them to develop the mode further. Wont happen, but you have to think some companies out there would easily pay for the chance to have millions of people to see their brand.

Finally, game play. Make modes like UT and Online Seasons start with a default setting that's "arcadey". Give the player the option to choose if they would like those settings and then make the halves 5 minutes. Then, there could also be a sim setting, which would be 8-10 minute halves and it would default in Manager Mode and Clubs (of course with the option of an "arcade mode"). It would have more fouls, realistic build up, etc. I don't see why EA wont cater to all their FIFA gamers. Why risk the chance of losing people who want to play a more real life game and instead just to cater to the masses? Even if it's 10-20% of FIFA gamers, that's still 10-20% of 100 million dollars (random figure, could be less but it's probably a lot more). That's 10-20 million dollars, which is a ton of cash even for a company like EA.

It just seems like they are really miss judging a large segment of gamers these days. Guys like me (and maybe you), in my 30's that don't want to play a "balls to the wall", crazy "video game" type of game. They want something that makes them feel like they are part of a REAL game. I get it's a video game, but at some point I'm sure the majority of us wanted to be a professional, and to me this is my only chance to live out that fantasy. I can't even play pick-up games anymore due to a horrible back injury I suffered when I was 24 in the military. I just wish sports gaming would mature a little bit as a whole.

Thanks for reading, I probably could have written 3x as much. This game really and I mean really has so much potential and it eats at me every year.
It would be nearly impossible to make a console based game as detailed as Football Manager. The depth that game gets into couldn't fit on a disc when you factor other aspects of the game in. Not only that, but the majority of folks would think it's overkill (Personally I like FM as an alternative to playing an actual game). I'm with you on the other stuff though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #26
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I'm not really a soccer guy (so not really FIFA either obviously) I've been thinking I might delve into it some this year, but are they not running fast as hell in that 2nd video? I'm hoping it's sped up because they look like some crack heads or some of those zombies from 28 days later...
Old 08-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I'm not really a soccer guy (so not really FIFA either obviously) I've been thinking I might delve into it some this year, but are they not running fast as hell in that 2nd video? I'm hoping it's sped up because they look like some crack heads or some of those zombies from 28 days later...
That's pretty much what online looks like. Offline, you can tone it down.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #28
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Wanted to share this IGN stage demo. It gets really good around the 8:00 mark. Watching Messi dribble and them showing the ball momentum preserved is really interesting.

Did just notice this was from E3. But it is a nice close up of the game. And I don't remember having seen it.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #29
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

Fifa new features video. Live stage presentation. From Gamescom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »