Home

YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU?

This is a discussion on YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU?

I noticed that some gamers have returned to Fifa 14 because they consider it better than 16. Just played three career mode matches in 14 using Orion's full manual legendary sliders, and I'll be damned if 14 isn't miles better and more balanced that 16. Superior. From the days when offline still mattered, I guess.

As one unexpected detail: try it and see how the CPU presses in your third!

Another detail: in Fifa 16 we seriously think about having FT 100, while in Orion's sliders for legendary 14 FT is 50.

I am sold. Will start a new career in 14 ASAP. I could post some highlights later, but I doubt you guys are interested.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
I noticed that some gamers have returned to Fifa 14 because they consider it better than 16. Just played three career mode matches in 14 using Orion's full manual legendary sliders, and I'll be damned if 14 isn't miles better and more balanced that 16. Superior. From the days when offline still mattered, I guess.

As one unexpected detail: try it and see how the CPU presses in your third!

Another detail: in Fifa 16 we seriously think about having FT 100, while in Orion's sliders for legendary 14 FT is 50.

I am sold. Will start a new career in 14 ASAP. I could post some highlights later, but I doubt you guys are interested.
Yeah, 14 was a turning point for the series. At the time I was using it for the PC, so it was not as upgraded in comparison to the PS4/X1. However, it was miles better (and slower) than 13.

I still have nostalgia about FIFA 14, I still have it on my Origin installed and everything. It was a blast. I really enjoyed watching and reading everyone's experiences in "nexgen" 14, so please post, I personally do not mind. I am just really happy with 16 right now.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 8

Just dropping in to say ...

(1) jamesbeaver - will miss you on FIFA16 - I appreciate your contributions to this thread

(2) Editing my game videos into highlight packages is VERY time consuming. Wow.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 8

OK ... first I have a talking point clip ... about how the game "selects" the "wrong" player ... just watch this short highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0kneezCcI

That pass across the face of goal was absolutely intended for my ST Paloschi who is sprinting forward into the box with an eye for a one-touch shot. Instead, my CDM Willems (who is in an offside position ahead of the play) is the player that the game "thinks" I want to be the recipient, and he is in no position to do anything useful with the otherwise excellent pass from my other ST Wilson. What is the deal with this?!?

And ... second I have another career mode video from my Swansea career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adj1AXkRjuM

... still grinding along.

Last edited by SpHSpH; 03-01-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:56 AM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
OK ... first I have a talking point clip ... about how the game "selects" the "wrong" player ... just watch this short highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL0kneezCcI

That pass across the face of goal was absolutely intended for my ST Paloschi who is sprinting forward into the box with an eye for a one-touch shot. Instead, my CDM Willems (who is in an offside position ahead of the play) is the player that the game "thinks" I want to be the recipient, and he is in no position to do anything useful with the otherwise excellent pass from my other ST Wilson. What is the deal with this?!?
That was pretty bad... I have noticed too that offside players tend to "attract" the ball.
I wander if it is not a downside of the "outside player animations". You know when the outside player succeed in whatever he tries ( acrobatic shots ect...).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #62
Rookie

Been playing Fifa 14, and returned to Fifa 16 today to give it a try.

I guess it's not news anymore, but online is probably killing our sport. Fifa 14 is so much better, except for offensive AI. But player control is smoother, gameplay is much more balanced, CPU knows how to press you, even player switching is much more intuitive. I am especially impressed by the fact that on legendary, the defense is solid but offense isn't badly overpowered. The user can, for example, apply pressure on ball carrier with multiple players in a realistic manner, that is, with real results.

The only problem in 14 is the somewhat limited offensive AI, resembling hockey powerplay. That's why I wanted to give 16 another try. And 16 was a bit better coming back, because I remembered some nice defensive tricks playing 14. So maybe I'll play 16 for a while again.

But in 16, twice today after the clock hit 45' I was unable to touch the ball before the CPU scored, with the exception of clearing it for another corner. Now that we've read from EA documents that they've really coded in the 45' sh*t, I am seriously considering dropping CPU acceleration and speed to 0 until I have scored after such an incident.

(I guess I am more prone to these events because of my lower FT.)
Old 03-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Im' playing live right now in my Norwich City CM:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 03-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #64
Rookie

I think this season I have posted around half a dozen messages with the contents "now I have nailed the settings for my football season." This is another such message. Believe it if you will.

The only change I made to my earlier settings was an increase of FT from 55 to 60. That seems to interrupt CPU play enough to make the matches much more controllable and realistic. I have now played around 7-8 matches with these settings, most with Blackburn Rovers in my manager career, some with Dortmund in the league. I remember the results of the last four matches: 0-2 win, 1-1 draw, 0-1 loss and 1-0 win. Tight matches. I am particularly happy of that 0-2 win, because keeping a clean sheet away has been pretty hard for me.

I wanted to post the highlights of that last 1-0 match, but the 15 minute clip I saved on PS4 no longer holds an entire half now that I have switched to 15 minute halfs. But here are two screenshots of matches in my BBR career. The CPU still gets a good number of shots - maybe too many, but I am still developing in terms of defending - but with a shot error of 55 anything can and does happen.

Once again I am optimistic. My settings are in my signature. I will post a highlight video some day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »