Home

World Cup Eligible teams - anyone have a list?

This is a discussion on World Cup Eligible teams - anyone have a list? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #9
Rookie

Fly_The_W's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: World Cup Eligible teams - anyone have a list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I have seen 2 theories on this one - either it is just a random EA roll for 2/3 concacaf teams (US/Mexico/Canada) or it is based on OVR. Given that I have seen a decent amount of folks say Canada has made it, even in 2018, makes me believe it is just random. In my previous save I'm pretty sure in 2022 my CAN team was a higher OVR than US...and I doubt anyone had a better CAN OVR in 2018 unless they did some serious editing.

3. I have no idea if this had any effect on qualifying or not, but I won most of my games before the tournament. The only games I remember losing were to Germany (essentially their B team), and I think Italy.

I am pretty sure this has no effect as in my save I won most friendlies in the 2 years up to 2022 and still didn't qualify.

5. I'm now worried all my effort will be put into a nation that won't qualify for the World Cup in 2022, no matter how well I play.

This is why I restarted and didn't hope for the best in 2026 (when I would have had a team I may have been able to win it).

The one thing I'm thinking about in the back of my head is if this is like any other piece of career mode there is probably a day that the list is generated on the back end. If someone were to watch the dates and save carefully - they may be able to figure out what day they pick the teams and re-roll as required until they are qualified. HOPEFULLY that is the day the tables are generated and you could see this easily. I was going to try this but unfortunately when I checked my saves my oldest already had the WC groups picked.
Hey guys, hope this helps. I'm home on a snow day (best days in the world for a High School teacher) and decided to sim ahead and test the whole process of finding the day that they pick the teams for the World Cup and doing the whole "re-roll" thing to see if it changes. I started in October 2015 as manager of Arsenal and USA. I even made sure to lose almost all of my friendlies from 2015-2018 to see if that had anything to do with it (it didn't). As far as the 1st World Cup cycle in manager mode (I'm sure it's probably the same for the other cycles post-2018 as well), May 1, 2018 is the day that the tables are drawn for the WC that begins in June.

The first time just simming thru I did NOT get into the World Cup. Looked on my calendar and had no international matches scheduled in June. Looked on the tables and fixtures on my homepage and scrolled over to FIFA World Cup and went through all the groups and it looked like Mexico and Canada were the 2 CONCACAF teams that made it.

So I exited out and entered my career mode again to give it another try. Simmed to May 1, 2018 and this time I DID qualify. Sitting in Group F with Germany, Scotland, and Egypt. Canada did not make it this time and Mexico/USA were the 2 CONCACAF teams.

SO...just make sure you save your career on April 30th every World Cup year, and see if you made it come May 1st. If you didn't, just exit and "re-roll" starting on April 30th again. Hope this helps!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #10
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_The_W
Hey guys, hope this helps. I'm home on a snow day (best days in the world for a High School teacher) and decided to sim ahead and test the whole process of finding the day that they pick the teams for the World Cup and doing the whole "re-roll" thing to see if it changes. I started in October 2015 as manager of Arsenal and USA. I even made sure to lose almost all of my friendlies from 2015-2018 to see if that had anything to do with it (it didn't). As far as the 1st World Cup cycle in manager mode (I'm sure it's probably the same for the other cycles post-2018 as well), May 1, 2018 is the day that the tables are drawn for the WC that begins in June.

The first time just simming thru I did NOT get into the World Cup. Looked on my calendar and had no international matches scheduled in June. Looked on the tables and fixtures on my homepage and scrolled over to FIFA World Cup and went through all the groups and it looked like Mexico and Canada were the 2 CONCACAF teams that made it.

So I exited out and entered my career mode again to give it another try. Simmed to May 1, 2018 and this time I DID qualify. Sitting in Group F with Germany, Scotland, and Egypt. Canada did not make it this time and Mexico/USA were the 2 CONCACAF teams.

SO...just make sure you save your career on April 30th every World Cup year, and see if you made it come May 1st. If you didn't, just exit and "re-roll" starting on April 30th again. Hope this helps!
Fantastic find. Thanks so much for finding that!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 PM   #11
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but any idea when the groups for Euro 2016 draw?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

Seems to also be May 1. May 1st appears to be an important date in the game overall.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

I decided to try the same experiment, and got the same results. 2/3 CONCACAF teams make the World Cup with no particular reason why those two teams are selected. May 1 is the date you need to watch for to see if your CONCACAF nation makes the World Cup, or to just redo the draw if you are managing a European/ South American/ Asian/ African nation if you do not like your World Cup group.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #14
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Damn wish I knew this a week ago - also took over Canada and didn't "qualify" for 2018 (but had to select a squad and everything)

At least I know for 2022 now
Old 02-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

Whoa that's crazy. If they're going to do it that way, they could've at least coded it so the user team is always one of the CONCACAF nations that qualify.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #16
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh2
Whoa that's crazy. If they're going to do it that way, they could've at least coded it so the user team is always one of the CONCACAF nations that qualify.
Or like they did w/ the Asia teams, have a CONCACAF qualification group where the top 2 qualify for the WC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »