Home

Fed up with FIFA devs

This is a discussion on Fed up with FIFA devs within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM   #17
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fed up with FIFA devs

Madden CMF is absolutely and objectively better than FIFA career mode. Not only that, but CFM is actually pretty fun. They have done a great job adding new features every year, made team building very fun with custom draft classes, etc, and have a full edit more now within CFM. So, don't like a guys name? Change it. Don't like his ratings? Change it....and so on. Saying Madden CFM is nothing special is just bias.

I like both games, but FIFA really needs to step it up in this regard.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:51 PM   #18
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by acles003
When are we just going to admit that the problem is EA Sports? The games we all complain about (FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC) are all EA. The ones we seem to gravitate to as comparison are MLB The Show and NBA2K. Not to say those are perfect, but they have "changed the game" for the better.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
This is wrong, because Madden does a great job with franchise mode. NHL is terrible, and FIFA. Agreed there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Madden CMF is absolutely and objectively better than FIFA career mode. Not only that, but CFM is actually pretty fun. They have done a great job adding new features every year, made team building very fun with custom draft classes, etc, and have a full edit more now within CFM. So, don't like a guys name? Change it. Don't like his ratings? Change it....and so on. Saying Madden CFM is nothing special is just bias.

Yep. x100.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:33 PM   #19
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23

Not really...it's called an opinion.

I don't think Madden Franchise mode is anything special, if anything it was stripped of everything good a few years ago and is only now getting back to where it was in Madden 2005.

2K has the best and deepest "Franchise" mode IMO, that should be the gold standard for these games.

I will agree that FIFA's Career/Manager mode is lackluster and needs to be amped up heavily, but I'm not all gung-ho on Madden.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #20
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco

I don't think Madden Franchise mode is anything special, if anything it was stripped of everything good a few years ago and is only now getting back to where it was in Madden 2005.

2K has the best and deepest "Franchise" mode IMO, that should be the gold standard for these games.

I will agree that FIFA's Career/Manager mode is lackluster and needs to be amped up heavily, but I'm not all gung-ho on Madden.

I'd say that Madden's connected franchise alone makes it MUCH better than FIFA's CM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 AM   #21
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

All this talk about Madden is making me want to give it a try lol but I haven't bought/played a Madden or Football game since NFL 2k5 and NCAA 2006. Any who I would love the see FIFA Career mode really expanded but and given the proper care like many other sports titles because it is lacking far far behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 12:30 PM   #22
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Quote:

You're entitled to your own opinion, but, not your own facts. The facts are that Maddens cFM is deeper and being improved year to year. It's stat tracking, development, scouting, are all far more interesting and well developed. That's a fact. It's your opinion that you dont like Madden. That's fine. BUt dont confuse facts and opinions.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:35 PM   #23
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
You're entitled to your own opinion, but, not your own facts. The facts are that Maddens cFM is deeper and being improved year to year. It's stat tracking, development, scouting, are all far more interesting and well developed. That's a fact. It's your opinion that you dont like Madden. That's fine. BUt dont confuse facts and opinions.
...when did I say anything about those things?

Yes, Madden's is deeper than FIFA but it's not where it could be IMO compared to some other games.

I actually do like Madden, it's fine though. Some of the things you mentioned are actually not facts, well developed according to who and comparing it to what? That's an opinion, not a fact. I digress, I'm not interested in arguing and playing this semantics game.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

Quote:
...when did I say anything about those things?

Yes, Madden's is deeper than FIFA but it's not where it could be IMO compared to some other games.

I actually do like Madden, it's fine though. Some of the things you mentioned are actually not facts, well developed according to who and comparing it to what? That's an opinion, not a fact. I digress, I'm not interested in arguing and playing this semantics game.
There are no semantics. Maddens franchise mode is better, deeper, more tuned, given more attention to by the devs, and more interesting than FIFA's. Full stop. There are no semantics to argue. And by trying to say there's no big difference, all you do is give more ammunition for the fifa devs to be more complacent with manager mode in the future.

You know how Madden got these changes and upgrades? The community. We need the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »