Home

FIFA 18 Video - New Features in Career Mode, Including Transfer Cutscenes

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Video - New Features in Career Mode, Including Transfer Cutscenes within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 18 Video - New Features in Career Mode, Including Transfer Cutscenes

MLS Licensing!! YES!!

Love the menus and presentation for this year. Pre-ordered. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Now why can't EA do the same with NHL and Madden??
Old 09-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #10
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Hmm... As fresh and new as the transfers are handled now.. I can see that getting tedious quite quickly. And I'm not sure I trust the AI to handle negotiations for me.

But, the presentation looks fantastic. I'm very excited about the La Liga presentation, and I'm curious how many of the managers have been licensed. Bummer that we've lost Mestalla and no others have been added in La Liga (aside from Atléti's new stadium at least).
That has to be one of the toughest things about fleshing out a truly immersive career mode. I'm not quite sure how you incorporate cut-scenes and other RPG elements w/o it getting repetitive.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Theoretically, if I had played the career mode beta for two seasons I would be very worried about these "improvements." The cut scenes are very tedious after awhile, and at least in that build you could not delegate for your own team's renewal negotiations. And delegation was a disaster. I delegated one of my big free agent signings and ended up with a one year contract that the game would not let me renegotiate during the season, so my new starting striker had his contract expire and blocked me at the end of the season.

Oh, and most of the time the agents demand one year deals for their clients. I don't think I ever got one to agree on a 5 year deal. Usually only 2-3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #12
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmooner
Theoretically, if I had played the career mode beta for two seasons I would be very worried about these "improvements." The cut scenes are very tedious after awhile, and at least in that build you could not delegate for your own team's renewal negotiations. And delegation was a disaster. I delegated one of my big free agent signings and ended up with a one year contract that the game would not let me renegotiate during the season, so my new starting striker had his contract expire and blocked me at the end of the season.

Oh, and most of the time the agents demand one year deals for their clients. I don't think I ever got one to agree on a 5 year deal. Usually only 2-3.
"Theoretically", you might get bored with Carreer Mode before the game even comes out.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 09-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #13
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I like it. Wish there was audio, but it'll do. I'm on Season five of '17 right now, and it'll be nice to see something other than just the plain screens. It could be a lot more than this, but taken in the context of what is has been forever, I'm putting it in the "upgrade" category. I'm just hoping the gameplay is enough to drive me to at least the same amount of games played as I have with '17. From what I've seen so far, I'm buying it ...

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 09-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #14
Rookie

WooCRISPY's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmooner

Sigh... Well there goes all the hope in my post for using it as a house rule or something.
Uploads for Everybody's Golf!
Old 09-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #15
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
From what I've seen, we have to use fake coaches again, this year. What's the point of having those beautiful scans and not being able to use them? Why can't I be Klopp if I wanna be?
This times 1 million!! I know this is so minor in the grand scheme of things, but this frustrates the hell out of me. I want to see Conte on my sideline, not 1 of the 10 generic faces that I pick who looks closest to Conte. I just don't get this from the developers.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #16
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Looks cool. I wonder if we'll get a cut scene when answering media questions as well.
Sadly this isn't in. I was hoping for it as well. Maybe next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »