Home

FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 08:13 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: FIFA 18 trial is available now for EA Access subscribers

Thats nt a gd news tho like i always find fifa17 bein too easy against cpu, cpu is too easy to not let them score...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
Played a little more this morning. The game feels very different from the demo. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, defending isn’t anywhere near as difficult as the demo.

Dribbling feels better than the demo. This is the first time that I can remember that I don’t feel the need to rely on sprinting. I love it.

Seeing more goals from outside the box than in years prior.

For those worrying about missing third kits in the demo, it looks like they’re in the full game. I can confirm that Chelsea’s is in. I just used them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #26
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

So I went in and tried to run the game. It's a choppy mess, but so was the demo. So I tweak Nvidia Control panel and check the results. After the third launch, it won't run anymore. Go on my Origin portal, it seems you can only launch it three times in a 24 hour period. This was a mistake, and they are trying to fix it, but "come on EA!"

Oh well, I'll live through the impressions here. Truthfully, the early feedback has me worried. Who do they listen to for game testing? The demo was a huge step up from 17. They need a "sim" and "online" setting. Yes, you want to pander to your cash cow, but guys like me don't even like playing kids online. I'll be a CM guy until I quit playing. Please EA give us the option to have the game WE want....

P.S. Mourinho was not complementing his team when he said they were playing PlayStation football. Just sayin'....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 09-21-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #27
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

OVR: 0

"However, FIFA 18 doesn’t tackle the finer attributes of the sport with quite the same finesse and there’s a strong bias towards attacking play over defending. Moments of spectacular sporting prowess, the kind that happen once a season in real life, are almost 10 a penny, and final scores are unrealistically high due the sheer number of attacking options."

This is an excerpt from the review in progress on IGN. If the non-sim crowd is complaining about the non stop attacking, it's got to be obvious. I just don't know what they could have been thinking. And that whole bit about clubs playing their real system? You know, so Crystal Palace doesn't play like Barcelona? I'm just not seeing it at all. Truthfully, I'm flabbergasted at how poor this game plays after several seasons of improvement from the FIFA team. And to be honest I feel rather heartbroken and betrayed.

Last edited by KTBFFH; 09-21-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #28
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

Still downloading the full trial but have played the kick-off match, was generally impressed (yes I know, way to go against the tide lol)

Video below shows the opening game plus my thoughts. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/7uGd_wUHa78
Old 09-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #29
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

So does Sunderland still play like Barcelona? Is the passing completion rate fixed for lower rated teams?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #30
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
So does Sunderland still play like Barcelona? Is the passing completion rate fixed for lower rated teams?
I am seeing pass accuracy percentages in the 90s still. CPU teams still robotically ping the ball around on one touch passes, especially around your box. I have absolutely no idea where these new tactics like the "catenaccio" are supposed to be located or activated either. As far as I can tell, they are not actually present in the game.

Edit: I have checked high and low for any indication that these real life tactics are indeed in the game and they are not. I think I should also state that the custom player styles that were touted by EA are in no way assignable to players and there is no way to tell who has some type of special customization or not. Further, the number of generic faces on each team sheet is startling. The only players I've seen with new faces are Renato Sanchez and Charly Musonda. Given, I have not checked every player, but there are many generic faces even on top teams.

The new coat of paint on career mode looks great. There are now animated news sections and a wonderful addition called squad hub that gives a lot of information rich details about your squad while showing each player standing in his kit to the side. This combined with the brand new transfer system featuring sell on and release clauses at least gives the appearance of moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, it is still generic managers only. For some reason, the developers have seen fit to once again not allow me step into the shoes of Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, Antonio Conte, or Juergen Klopp. Why this is still the case is baffling.

Last edited by KTBFFH; 09-21-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #31
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

If you're ABLE to create or edit players on this version, can someone please check and see if you can make a player a CM, now? Last year, we couldn't. We could only make CAMs or CDMs.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #32
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTBFFH
"However, FIFA 18 doesn’t tackle the finer attributes of the sport with quite the same finesse and there’s a strong bias towards attacking play over defending. Moments of spectacular sporting prowess, the kind that happen once a season in real life, are almost 10 a penny, and final scores are unrealistically high due the sheer number of attacking options."

This is an excerpt from the review in progress on IGN. If the non-sim crowd is complaining about the non stop attacking, it's got to be obvious. I just don't know what they could have been thinking. And that whole bit about clubs playing their real system? You know, so Crystal Palace doesn't play like Barcelona? I'm just not seeing it at all. Truthfully, I'm flabbergasted at how poor this game plays after several seasons of improvement from the FIFA team. And to be honest I feel rather heartbroken and betrayed.

I love that review. Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »