Home

Help with dribbling and beating a defender

This is a discussion on Help with dribbling and beating a defender within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #25
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help with dribbling and beating a defender

I can second the post above, use the Advanced Shooting skills challenge and practice there, it is a lot of 1v1s, 1v2s, 2v2s. Also, on top of ball roll and stepovers, I would recommend Heel Flick, the Roulette, and Berba/McGeady spin. Fake shot is key though, incorporate that as it is one of the easiest and most effective moves.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #26
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForbes1
Step over - quarter rotation of the RS, from the front, to left or right. Exit with the LS int he other direction, keep this under 90 degrees.
Thanks, this is one I've overlooked and it does work well. Just needs some practice.

Anything for when I have my back to the goal? I've been really frustrated when in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
The problem I face now is that I'm able to pull off a move or two in the skills challenge with nobody around but the moment I play a match with defenders around I tend to be too late or don't really know when to use the skill move as I lose the ball everytime I use skill move with defenders around.
It's probably been mentioned, but just start using one move at a time. What I've done, is write the move instructions on a sticky note and paste it to the monitor so that I have a constant reminder to work on this move. Eventually it'll come naturally.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
I have a way out for you as I faced the exact same challenge... go to 'Skills Challenge' and use the 'Shooting Skills Challenge' instead. I think it's the first or second skill challenge in the list. Instead of taking a shot simply dribble around and practice skill moves. If you accidentally take a shot and run out of time, retry the drill.

The problem I face now is that I'm able to pull off a move or two in the skills challenge with nobody around but the moment I play a match with defenders around I tend to be too late or don't really know when to use the skill move as I lose the ball everytime I use skill move with defenders around.

It would really help if 'Practice Arena' allows you to select your preferred in game camera and also allow you to face off against a defender if you so choose.
That is what I've been doing, but it makes the process far longer than necessary. There is just a lot of little things that make the game more unfriendly for noobs.

Just last night I made an amazing goal using the Berba spin that was a thing of beauty. I use that, ball roll, and fake shot.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
It's probably been mentioned, but just start using one move at a time. What I've done, is write the move instructions on a sticky note and paste it to the monitor so that I have a constant reminder to work on this move. Eventually it'll come naturally.
I follow a similar approach, i.e. focus only on one skill move at a time. I guess the problem is that I've moved on to World Class difficulty and on this level the defenders are on to you like a rash. I guess I need to lower the difficulty level to Pro or Semi-Pro and then focus on skill moves. When I nail a couple down, I can up the difficulty level back to the current one.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:00 PM   #29
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Thanks, this is one I've overlooked and it does work well. Just needs some practice.

Anything for when I have my back to the goal? I've been really frustrated when in this situation.

Not much you can do, back to goal. 4 and 5 * skillers can scoop turn, which is useful (doing this on the wing at midfield with you back to goal is pretty good). But, if you're talking about a ST back to goal in front of a CB, not a lot you can do. If you want to go up or down, a body feint will be okay.

Personally, I try to play a slow possession game. If there's space, I usually press LB/L1 as the ball comes in to face up to goal. From there, it's the before mentioned step over.

BTW, if you're a little off on the step over controls, you'll end up doing the reverse step over and double touch exit, which looks nice when it works, but it usually ends up with the defender running straight through you and taking the ball.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:47 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
The most simple skill move which is very effective is the ball roll. Just flick the right stick in the opposite direction of where the ball is on your foot. I've blown past multiple defenders in the box just by using that move alone. It's also a 2 star skill move so just about everyone can do it.
I have tried this. The input delay is so long that the defender steals the ball while I wait the 1-1.5 seconds for the animation to start after I have moved the stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »