Home

FIFA 18 - Three Things FIFA 18 Can Do to Improve the Rest of the Season

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 - Three Things FIFA 18 Can Do to Improve the Rest of the Season within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 18 - Three Things FIFA 18 Can Do to Improve the Rest of the Season

Between the constant tweaks from gameplay patches to stale and repetitive offline modes, FIFA 18 has...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

bears1387's Arena

OVR: 0
AMEN on the World Cup thing. It's always baffled me how they don't* include all the national teams each year despite the fact they hold the FIFA license.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: FIFA 18 - Three Things FIFA 18 Can Do to Improve the Rest of the Season

Stopped reading when I saw " found it’s way" in the first sentence.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Fix while pressing L1 or the analog to change players to actually go to the best possible player on defense to defend the attack. Too many times it gets it wrong. The pace should be slower also
Old 12-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I know it's a petty gripe, but it kills me how they've removed previously implemented features like a full scrimmage mode and the 'Match Day' option for Play Now.* I loved both of those features and I still can't think of a single reason why they would ever have removed either of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Dude they aren't going to incorporate a WC mode (and I agree with you that they should) because they're going to come out with a Road to the WC game in a few months.*
Old 12-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Re: FIFA 18 - Three Things FIFA 18 Can Do to Improve the Rest of the Season

The World Cup and lack of international teams is already mentioned in the OP. Other than that my biggest gripe is the lack of assistance the game provides to help users learn "skill" moves. Practice Mode is well nigh useless thanks to the ridiculous camera angle which hardly anyone uses and can't be changed. That leaves you trying to figure out dribbling/skills move in "skills challenges" mode but it's cumbersome and time consuming.

I would prefer if FIFA has a tutorial mode where you select a move you want to learn from a drop-down box or a list and the game will walk you through it and explain how & when to pull it off with a defender around to make it realistic, i.e. the game can show pop-ups when to press a button or move RS/LS in a certain direction at what time so you can learn it easily rather than trying to learn it the hard way which takes forever. Not many people have that much time at their disposal where they can spend hours trying to learn skill moves/dribbling skills. There are lot of folks like me who have maybe a couple of hours to spend every week but would like to improve and pull off moves a la Ronaldo or Messi but at the moment it takes a lot of investment in time which again turns off a lot of casual gamers away.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
Just started!

Will be interesting to see if Manchester City's dominance of the English Premier League is accurately reflected in any new FIFA 18 patches, most of my playthroughs have Chelsea & Man Utd far above the rest in terms of points, Last time i played i saw Man City end in 5th!! The game lacks a lot of the realism if the big teams arent as strong as they should be.

I don't think they will ever include a FIFA World Cup mode in the base game, maybe as a DLC.. this is EA we're talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »