Home

Heelfan's NCAA Basketball 09 Sliders

This is a discussion on Heelfan's NCAA Basketball 09 Sliders within the EA Sports NCAA Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball > EA Sports NCAA Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #25
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Heelfan's NCAA Basketball 09 Sliders

Just had THE BEST GAME of my short NCAA 09 life while ago with these sliders . I've started a dynasty with VMI and I run, press, shoot the three ball. Peddle to the meddle basketball.

VMI (116) @ Virginia (118): I hit a 3 pointer to tie with 10 secs left. UVa calls timeout and for some reason I decide to leave my press on. They pass to half court, 3 on 2 break for the layup with 5.2 secs. I elect not to call time, push the ball up the court. Get an open 3 and it goes in-and-out as the buzzer sounded. My biggest lead in first half was 6. UVA's biggest lead in second half was 14 (80-66). So coming back on the road is very possible with these sliders. I really, really like this set of Heelfan.

Quick stats: OFF REB (VMI 9, UVA 15)
BLOCKS (VMI 1, UVA 4)
TURNOVERS (VMI 24, UVA 22)
FOULS (VMI 12, UVA 19)
FT ATTEMPTS (VMI 30!!!!, UVA 15) Yes the CPU was definitely contesting my jumpshots/drives and getting called for at it AT HOME.

FG% was a tad high for UVA (59%) but that's because of my style of play. You break the press you get easy baskets. Outside the arc, UVA was 4-11, 36%. Conversly , I only shot 45% from the field (36-80) and 40% from 3pt land (17-42).

Just off the top of my head, IRL just a week ago, UVA beat VMI 107-97. UVA shot 57% and VMI shot 44% from 3pt land. Very, very similar to how my game shaped out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

thanks for the input guys, are you guys getting any steals? Not interceptions, but steals from the ball handler?

I agree about there being too many dunks by little guys. One of the things I am going to tweak next.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

what is your current set Heelfan?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
thanks for the input guys, are you guys getting any steals? Not interceptions, but steals from the ball handler?

I agree about there being too many dunks by little guys. One of the things I am going to tweak next.
In the UCONN game I was able to to get 3 of the steals by using the steal button. I got two with Price and 1 with the backup PG.

It seems that you can't reach when you are in chest to chest lockdown D mode. If the PG has the ball at the top of the key and I'm at the foul line I'll quickly tap the steal button. Sometimes it works and sometimes you get called for the foul.

I really don't have a problem with the steal slider right now. Everything seemed very realistic from a successful steal/unsuccessful steal/reach in foul perspective.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #29
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey guys I got a quick question... Im currently using Heelfans slider adjustments he made and then Im using Playmakers sliders for the rest of the sliders Heelfan didnt change... Do you think this is a good idea or should I just scrap Playmakers and just primarly use Heelfans?
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #30
Rookie

Dhest23's Arena

OVR: 3

I had about 5-7 legit steals from the ballhandler, but generally I was jumping in the passing lanes all game and getting a hand on the ball. I'll need to play a few more games to judge the sliders because that first game for me just seemed to be on the extreme end of the range.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguire
what is your current set Heelfan?
first post. Any changes I make in the future will be made in the first post also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

are you/cpu getting any defensive rebounds with the slider @ 0?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball > EA Sports NCAA Basketball Sliders »