Home

82 OVR goalie, 73 Team Rating?

This is a discussion on 82 OVR goalie, 73 Team Rating? within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
82 OVR goalie, 73 Team Rating?

Both my HUT goalies have OVR of 80 or above.. yet my team goalie rating is 73.. wtf.. no wonder I give up soft goal after soft goal

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Re: 82 OVR goalie, 73 Team Rating?

On the same subject of the goalie.. I can't even beat Anaheim and get to the second Solo HUT game.. give up 6 goals minimum EVERY game.. and EVERY game my goalie I play is fatigued.. since you can't FIX fatigued.. a 4 game card fix only works for 1 game.. it's a complete joke right now until they fix it (if they even do) Most goals I've SCORED in a game is 4 myself. Team record now 4-19-1.. Thanks EA

Even when Hutton (Predators) or Stalock (Sharks) isn't fatigued for that ONE game the 4 game card works, they still give up goal after goal.. and ALL of the goals are one timer feeds from behind the net to the slot.. assume you really DO have to shell out money to win any games

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

In solo, you can change what team you're playing. Anaheim is the first team that shows up, but you can change to any team in any league if you want. Hopefully that helps!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
Rookie

BoostedStig's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
On the same subject of the goalie.. I can't even beat Anaheim and get to the second Solo HUT game.. give up 6 goals minimum EVERY game.. and EVERY game my goalie I play is fatigued.. since you can't FIX fatigued.. a 4 game card fix only works for 1 game.. it's a complete joke right now until they fix it (if they even do) Most goals I've SCORED in a game is 4 myself. Team record now 4-19-1.. Thanks EA

Even when Hutton (Predators) or Stalock (Sharks) isn't fatigued for that ONE game the 4 game card works, they still give up goal after goal.. and ALL of the goals are one timer feeds from behind the net to the slot.. assume you really DO have to shell out money to win any games
Yeah my record on HUT is atrocious. I luck-boxed my way into division 9 with a couple legit wins and then a disconnect win in a game that I was down 6-0 with 2 minutes left. He d/c'd and it gave me the W?! I don't know. But My record is worse than yours, I'm always getting smacked up by people who obviously bought their teams.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
In solo, you can change what team you're playing. Anaheim is the first team that shows up, but you can change to any team in any league if you want. Hopefully that helps!
I never even noticed I could switch and at least lose to a DIFFERENT team At least I can get more experience and build some coinage to maybe buy some jumbo packs.

Nobody ever did answer why my team goalie rating was 73 when both starters were 80+ OVR though.. I quick sold the 3 guys the game gave me with no trade for the 0 coin since I was never going to play them anyway

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #6
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Got a chance to play a solo finally, and just played against Dusseldorf and got my butt handed to me 5-2.. I couldn't take the puck away from their 53 OVR offense at all and all my defense is now 82+ and there was flurry after flurry in front of my net with wide open forwards.. I might as well lose to people who buy their teams instead of a team I should beat by 6 goals with NHL players..

Strangest feeling ever to have a with who a team with barely 70 OVR goalie.. 53 OVR offense dominate my 80+ team.. it's like momentum makes the other team HOF'ers in NHL 15. Picked Dusseldorf so I could just score a few goals against a team and they were as good as any human I've played so far despite lower than low ratings

Old 09-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

You can change the team and difficulty settings when you play against the CPU.

I suggest trying some lower difficulty settings until you get a decent team together.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #8
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You can change the team and difficulty settings when you play against the CPU.

I suggest trying some lower difficulty settings until you get a decent team together.
Maybe I've finally found the EA NHL game I just can't play.. NEVER had any problems being competitive since the franchise started but I just lost 3-2 to the BRITISH National Team.. in PRO.. the lowest rated team in the entire damn game .. I swear attributes don't effect AI players when you play a computer controlled team..they pass at 80%.. can't knock pucks away and they always have a guy wide open in front of your net for the rebound or one timer goal.. regardless of the team you play. Just weird that for the first time in all these years I'm having trouble even in a game that should be a cakewalk.

Still no problem playing/winning games in the Be a Player mode even while building my 'career'.. but HUT is just odd that I can't win games even against cheese like the British team.. I should have tried it in 14 but when X-Box One started I put the 360 away.

Finally figured out there's no such thing as a one timer slap shot in NHL 15, or at least no player I've had on either HUT team (the deleted or the new one) can do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »