Home

Emerica's Tweaked Superstar Sliders (Thanks to OBG)

This is a discussion on Emerica's Tweaked Superstar Sliders (Thanks to OBG) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Emerica's Tweaked Superstar Sliders (Thanks to OBG)

Ok it's worth mentioning that I changed the period length to 9 minutes. I had a feeling with the game speed at 3 I would have way too many shots on 10 or 11 min periods. Considering I just potted 41 shots against Colorado I think I'm correct in thinking that. I realize that you can't judge sliders on one or two games as well, so I'm going to keep playing with these.

Some other changes I've made, is to hitting power. I have it at 1 instead of 3 for user, and I still feel like it's too easy to drill guys into the boards and take them off their feet. It's actually pretty rare to see guys get leveled more than a few times in a game, so I think I might turn it down to zero for the next game and see how it goes. I'm hoping it might equate to more shots for CPU and maybe a few less for me.

Another fun game though, I'm liking these quite a bit.

Van 3 Col 2
Shots 41 - 24
Hits 14 - 18
Faceoffs 22 - 17
TOA 7:07 - 6:23
PP 0/2 - 0/0
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
Watching USA and Switz right now and im excited to see Canada play later too, as well as Russia even later SOME REALY GOOD TEAMS PLAYING ITS HARD NOT TO CHEER FOR OTHER COUNTRIES TEAMS............I cant wait to see my man Forsberg in action also.
Finland's games start tomorrow.

http://canucks.nhl.com/ - http://www.seahawks.com - http://www.saipa.fi/
Old 02-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #51
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420
Ok it's worth mentioning that I changed the period length to 9 minutes. I had a feeling with the game speed at 3 I would have way too many shots on 10 or 11 min periods. Considering I just potted 41 shots against Colorado I think I'm correct in thinking that. I realize that you can't judge sliders on one or two games as well, so I'm going to keep playing with these.

Some other changes I've made, is to hitting power. I have it at 1 instead of 3 for user, and I still feel like it's too easy to drill guys into the boards and take them off their feet. It's actually pretty rare to see guys get leveled more than a few times in a game, so I think I might turn it down to zero for the next game and see how it goes. I'm hoping it might equate to more shots for CPU and maybe a few less for me.

Another fun game though, I'm liking these quite a bit.

Van 3 Col 2
Shots 41 - 24
Hits 14 - 18
Faceoffs 22 - 17
TOA 7:07 - 6:23
PP 0/2 - 0/0
you can also up Hitting Difficulty to 6 and it should help with your hitting problem and lowering hitting will BE WORTH TRYING I THINK I MIGHT DO THE SAME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 PM   #52
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3organ
Finland's games start tomorrow.
get to watch Finland beat down Belarus should be fun
Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #53
Rookie

I think these are on the money now, I changed hitting power to 0 for user, and left hitting difficulty at 3. I think if you change the difficulty there would be cases where you have a guy perfectly lined up, and then you wouldn't be able to hit him. That's not what I want, I just don't like to see 15 huge hits every game, it's just not realistic.

Shots are perfect in this contest, tied at 10 after the 1st, tied at 20 after the 2nd, and 29-28 after the 3rd. Brilliant.

Van 3 CBJ 2 (OT)
Shots 36 - 31
Hits 15 - 36
Faceoffs 23 - 20
TOA 7:59 - 8:15
PP 1/3 - 1/4

Wow, probably one of my funnest games yet, big thanks to Emerica & OBG, your sliders have made this game awesome!!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #54
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420
I think these are on the money now, I changed hitting power to 0 for user, and left hitting difficulty at 3. I think if you change the difficulty there would be cases where you have a guy perfectly lined up, and then you wouldn't be able to hit him. That's not what I want, I just don't like to see 15 huge hits every game, it's just not realistic.

Shots are perfect in this contest, tied at 10 after the 1st, tied at 20 after the 2nd, and 29-28 after the 3rd. Brilliant.

Van 3 CBJ 2 (OT)
Shots 36 - 31
Hits 15 - 36
Faceoffs 23 - 20
TOA 7:59 - 8:15
PP 1/3 - 1/4

Wow, probably one of my funnest games yet, big thanks to Emerica & OBG, your sliders have made this game awesome!!
I take it your Van cause the hits are SO LOW compared to CBJ, it felt better though? I think I will move hitting Power down to 1 (cause having Puck Control at 1/2 I think you need to have at least one notch advantage in hitting because of the Cpu Puck Control Advantage IMO)

Glad you like them they SAVED the game for me Im still trying to tweak a few things to make it DEAD ON RIGHT (or at least as close as it can get) so any Constructive Criticism is Welcome, as I will try your Ideas and give my stats and feedback as well..............

Im going to change Hitting to 1/0 and see if I like it better Ill have Stats a little Later..................
Old 02-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
I take it your Van cause the hits are SO LOW compared to CBJ, it felt better though? I think I will move hitting Power down to 1 (cause having Puck Control at 1/2 I think you need to have at least one notch advantage in hitting because of the Cpu Puck Control Advantage IMO)

Glad you like them they SAVED the game for me Im still trying to tweak a few things to make it DEAD ON RIGHT (or at least as close as it can get) so any Constructive Criticism is Welcome, as I will try your Ideas and give my stats and feedback as well..............

Im going to change Hitting to 1/0 and see if I like it better Ill have Stats a little Later..................
Yeah I'm Vancouver, my hits might have been low in the stats, but it felt right. I might have just been knocking guys off the puck as opposed to actually body checking them into the boards which is fine with me. I was concerned with hitting power at zero I might not be able to hammer someone, but sure enough I still had 4 or 5 monster hits putting guys on their backs. I'll post my next two games results to see if the trend of awesomeness continues haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #56
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

hey man i really really like your sliders but i have one issue.... i beat the computer by at least 5 goals every game... everything else is good stat wise hell im even outshot most of the time... what would be your advice im thinking about bumping up goalie reaction to 2 ... ive given the computer even more bumps but that hasn't worked for me yet .. this has happened 5 games now

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »