Home

OBG's Post-Patch Sliders

This is a discussion on OBG's Post-Patch Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: OBG's Post-Patch Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace

As far as getting breakaways or being hemmed into your own zone, its really important with these sliders that you manage your lines well. If a line is running out of gas, find an appropriate time to make a change. Sometimes we like to press the issue with a line and then we get hemmed into our own end and allow a goal that we claim is 'cheap' when really, we allowed our lines to become gassed, and just payed for it.

Keep the feedback coming.
I see what you mean.I am good with line management, but for example playing the isles today. they had a line that was in red off of an icing. I had a fresh line come out (my first line) . they didnt get to change and their guys are still 10x faster than mine. thats why I turned their acceleration down to 0. this wasnt the only instance of it. I have seen on other boards also where people said giving the cpu any acceleration boost , regardless of what the fatigue settings and recovery are, the cpu players never seem to lose speed on defense. I have to say I agree with this.

I think if the cpu shot accuracy is 0 having the cpu goalie reaction to 6 should be good then it seems like cpu scores on real chances. most of the games I was playing with the updated sliders you had (love the sliders by the way; just my opinions) the cpu often times scored cheap goals. a slow wrist shot by a 4th line scrub from the blue line with no one in front shouldnt beat an nhl goalie once a game for 10 straight like happened to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 AM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper_43
Thanks for responding. Also wanted to ask what you guys think is most effective on defense. Is it the poke check, check (obviously along the boards), or something else the best way to play?

Some people suggest take control of a foward and not switching to a defenseman when in your own zone. Apparently the cpu controlled defenders are effective. Is this true?
I control my D usually as when I let the cpu do it they leave a lane open. watch checks along the boards also. the cpu loves to give me 5 min majors and game misconducts.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 AM   #83
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by striper_43
Thanks for responding. Also wanted to ask what you guys think is most effective on defense. Is it the poke check, check (obviously along the boards), or something else the best way to play?

Some people suggest take control of a foward and not switching to a defenseman when in your own zone. Apparently the cpu controlled defenders are effective. Is this true?
I use poke check a lot, you have to be careful as to not get a tripping penalty. I usually poke when the puck carrier has the puck within reach. Try not to poke when the puck carrier has his back to you...it seems more likely to recieve a tripping call when I do this.

Also, I began to hit more. I probably register nearly 20 hits per game on these settings. Not exactly the NHL average, but you have to pick your battles when it comes to some stats, hits being one of them.

When I play D, I switch players as the CPU moves the puck around. I try to stay within the formation of the defensive strategy and only attack the opposing player when he puts himself in a vulnerable position to be hit or a bad pass is made. Otherwise, its smart to just stay in the shooting lane and block as many shots as you can...

and for the love of God, clear pucks out from the front of the net.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #84
Banned

what are your tips for scoring with the reaction at 6? im failing miserably.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #85
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystyle
what are your tips for scoring with the reaction at 6? im failing miserably.
Get traffic in front, looking for deflections and rebounds. Cycle to get the goalie moving side to side. Look for screens of the gaping variety. Sometimes goalies get screened and they will leave a section of the net obviously available...if they do a quick shot from the point can make it through or a wrister from the circles can make it.

Odd man rushes and breakaways require more skill to score on...like I said, I probably only score on 35-50 percent of my breakaways. Some games I do really well, the next game I will get stoned.

When coming down the wing for a wrister, I use the toe drag wrister where you roll the RS back and let go a deadly snap shot. However, the weaker the player, the less zip he most likely has on his shot and will be pretty unaffective scoring without a screen.

I like the slider at 6 personally, because I have to work for goals. Right now, I'm averaging 3.25 goals per game since moving the slider to 6 and HUM shot power to 4.

However, if you absolutely can't score at 6, 5 is still higher than many gamers use. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #86
Banned

how do you do those wristers? ive done them by accident but could never get the hang of them.

and on classic view, how do you score on a breakaway? broadcast is easy but classic its hard.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #87
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Odd man rushes and breakaways require more skill to score on...like I said, I probably only score on 35-50 percent of my breakaways. Some games I do really well, the next game I will get stoned.
Odd-man rushes are hard because, not your sliders fault, most of the time your teammates will stop on the blue line or always go behind the player having the puck. or at times the your teammate will pause split second right after crossing the blueline therefore nullifying your chance of odd-man rushes.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #88
Banned

same with deflections and screens. often times when I have a shot lined up my guys move OUT of the goalies way

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »