Home

AlTito's NHL 12 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 12 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #17
Rookie

BOMB82's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: AlTito's NHL 12 Sliders

These look very good. Gonna try em out.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #18
Rookie

BOMB82's Arena

OVR: 3

Man these played great I am going to start my be a gm. By the way you guys are lucky to have Erik Cole. I was gutted to lose him this year. I will be pulling for you guys if you aren't playing us.
Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Good to know you liked them. Yes, Cole was a great addition by the Habs this summer. Since the team was pretty small up front, he will provide a much needed physical presence on the first two lines. Only hope he stays healthy. Have fun in you Be A GM!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Here's a personal note about the sliders and gameplay in general...

When I first got NHL 12, I played a lot of games on Hardcore with some slider changes and everything was great, just like the demo. To me, NHL 12 was a huge upgrade over NHL 11.

Then, I downloaded the release tuner update and suddenly, the game started to play differently (I was still on Hardcore, with tuner 1.00 and the same sliders). The tuner increased game speed and deking by an important margin, to name a few changes. So, I deleted everything since I had the impression of playing NHL 11 all over again.

After doing more testing over the week-end (re-downloaded release tuner), I can confirm that the tuner overwrites on tuner 1.00, so not only the latest tuner is affected, but also 1.00. I deleted the tuner once again by deleting and recreating my NHL 12 profile and everything was back on track. I had to re-do all user options though, like sliders, rules, visual and volume options.

I really love how the game plays out of the box, with more loose pucks, slowed deking, much more realistic game pace and less up and down hockey. Size matters more too, that's not only fast small players who can dominate anymore. It's not perfect, it will never be, but it's a lot better than with the tuner. And since I almost never play online, I'm pretty sure I won’t download any tuner again.

I simply wanted to let you know that if anyone is interested in trying it. However, for those who downloaded the release tuner update and still have it installed (most of you if not all), you can still use my sliders, there's no problem about it, it will still play good, even if like I said, according to me, the game won't be as realistic with the tuner as it is out of the box, this is a thing sliders simply can't do.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-14-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #21
Rookie

Keytosa's Arena

OVR: 2

I just tried DJ's sliders for like 3 test games and 3 games in Be a GM. They were pretty good but the games just all felt the same and too predictable. I definitely agree with the patch ruining the gameplay. I'm trying yours out now in a "test" Be a GM. I'll post results soon. Anybody still running these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #22
Just started!

OVR: 0

These are cool sliders and play well. Getting decent shot totals and penalties. My only gripe is the shot power seems a bit slow and the goalies can get to everything. I have played three games so far with these. Did one WHL game won 1-0, Played two DEL games lost on shootouts 1-0 and 1-2.

The goalie setting is perfect for them to cough up rebounds, but with the shot power on 3 there isn't many rebounds. Although cpu did score on a rebound the game I just played. So I may ramp up shot power to 4, see what happens. Took the advice of others put pass assist on 3 and interceptions on 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »