Home

Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

This is a discussion on Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes) within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #273
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Two questions.

1- What camera are you guys using. I've try many and in the end, doesn't seems to make a difference, I suck like hell.

2- No matter what level I play (CHL, AHL, NHL) I'll have 1 or 2 good games before getting trounce for 7-8 goals in a game and then allowing something like 2-3 in the first period of the game. I've tried even making a 99 overall goalies and no luck there since I give trash goals. Funny enough, when I play online in OTP, I'm having some kind of sucess while my goalie is playing with a Butterfly pack. If I try the same offline, I'm getting torched no matter what. Any trick on how to play goalie and be effective? Looks like all my knowledge on how to play in goals doesn't apply in NHL 12.

Btw Rogie, shouldn't be affraid of getting down the list of sliders now with BXE banned for a while.
I use either High or fixed,auto zoom off.

I use either the butterfly style or hybrid,they both work well enough.

There just isn`t much you can do with NHL12,.....it was a step backwards for goalies,a big step backwards.

I didn`t ask for him to be banned and don`t know if he is.
I merely asked that he be stopped from filling the whole list with his insane rambling,multiple threads.

He bumped everyone`s threads off of there except mine,because I refuse to let his crazy crap bury it in obscurity.....where his deserve to go and die.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #274
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
I use either High or fixed,auto zoom off.

I use either the butterfly style or hybrid,they both work well enough.

There just isn`t much you can do with NHL12,.....it was a step backwards for goalies,a big step backwards.

I didn`t ask for him to be banned and don`t know if he is.
I merely asked that he be stopped from filling the whole list with his insane rambling,multiple threads.

He bumped everyone`s threads off of there except mine,because I refuse to let his crazy crap bury it in obscurity.....where his deserve to go and die.
You're right, I was having a blast with NHL 09 when BaP was introduce and I played goalie at the time. Only problem was that I stuck 2 years in the AHL and was even put on the bench for playoffs a year we're I was 31-20-3 while keeping a 2.31 GAA and .907 SV%. At the moment, not that I found the position easy to play, I was getting a good time.

In NHL 10, it was tougher, NHL 11 wasn't pleasant at all to play goalie, and NHL 12 it seems like I'm always, no matter what level I play (except pro and rookie, there's a limit dropping level of playing) it seems I can't do the job.

I didn't try the auto zoom off, I might give it a go. I like to play goalie, but NHL 12, with the D-man sticking (like in NHL 11) is *** in my face or the impossibility to make a save while moving (don't know if I'm the only one) makes it pretty tough to play many games.

As for the BlackEye, I wasn't saying you ask for a ban, I assumed he was warned by a OS mod and he didn't do what he was asked not to do. I was warned one time about doing something here, didn't do it again and had no problem since. I had to bite my fingers a few times looking at his post and not answere but I guess someone got tired at some point.

BTW Rogie, what are you thinking about the new goalie IQ beeing shown so far and do you expect the goalie position to get some love in NHL 13 for guys like us?
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #275
Rookie

OVR: 0

The goalie position should absolutely get some lovin' for EASHL and BaP goalies. I just got my Legend 3 goalie card in NHL 12 for EASHL playing mostly 2v2's with D-Glitching 5 year olds. It was infuriating. Limb independency is giving me hope that, yes, we can make a save while moving without being locked into a horrible, horrible auto-save. I'm also hoping that the hug post glitch where it throws you to the other side of the net is gone as well.

On topic, Rogie, these sliders are awesome. I'm actually tolerant of offline BaP now thanks to them. I feel like having CPU shot aim at 0 is a little bit much. My team can't hit the net at all, even with a wide open shot. Which also leads the opponent shooters to aim directly at me, with me in perfect position, and accidentally snipe a corner. Maybe shot accuracy 2 would be better. I'll have to experiment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #276
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am trying these sliders and I am liking them very much. I am not a great NHL player in the very least and I am getting demolished on the faceoff 99% of the times but I feel that with these sliders I need to actually play smarter because else the opponent beat me.

I just played a game with the Flyers against the Devils and they beat me 2-0 because I let Zach Parise in front of my net and he abused me for it.

The only thing I am really struggling with is the passing, I have a real hard time playing even the simplest of passes to my teammates and even a vertical pass to the forward infront results in the pass happily sliding past my forward and to the possession of the defender.

Does anyone have some tips to have an easier time passing? I am almost afraid to make passes because most of them miss target even though I am pretty sure I am aiming towards the place I actually want to pass to.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #277
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

Human goalies.

Be prepared to be extremely disappointed with NHL13

I don`t even know if I`ll be buying the game,let alone doing any sliders,......especially sliders for BaP goalie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »