Home

mkharsh33 NHL 15 - SUPERSTAR SLIDERS

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NHL 15 - SUPERSTAR SLIDERS within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NHL 15 - SUPERSTAR SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensDynasty87
Sliders look good, I'll give them a shot tonight. Couple questions tho if I upped the game speed how would that pan out ( I like a fast paced game ) also would these work in BEAGM. Thanks keep up the good work as always.
IMO the game already plays fast, thanks to EA's arcadish development concepts. If you do choose to raise the gamespeed, 2 is as high as I would go. However, I might consider lowering the acceleration sliders by one click. The fear of raising the gamespeed is that the cpu never stops you from gaining the offensive zone.

I have not tested these in BAGM but I would believe the carryover would be fine.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
How about penalties? Do you get a decent amount or just like 2-4 combined?
I have gotten a wide range of penalties. One thing I've noticed (and hopefully I'm not just seeing things) - I think your style of aggression has something to do with how the CPU reacts. The cool thing I'm seeing in 15 is that the cpu is quick to protect other players. I'm seeing a wide range of calls as well. I got a double minor for high sticking. As the player was exiting the ice, you could see the blood on his nose area. Stuff like this I've never seen in EA's games before.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

These are very close to the settings I'm using on the All-Star level. Getting a nice variety of games so far.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
These are very close to the settings I'm using on the All-Star level. Getting a nice variety of games so far.
I ramped it up to SuperStar to get more pressure in the neutral zone. The compensation was to change the goalies.

The beauty of the set I've created is that you can ramp up or down the cpu difficulty level. It's set at 3 - so you can take either direction depending on preference. You can also raise the cpu goalie if it's too easy. So there are options. But I really like SuperStar level in this game. Hope you're doing well, Dan!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I ramped it up to SuperStar to get more pressure in the neutral zone. The compensation was to change the goalies.

The beauty of the set I've created is that you can ramp up or down the cpu difficulty level. It's set at 3 - so you can take either direction depending on preference. You can also raise the cpu goalie if it's too easy. So there are options. But I really like SuperStar level in this game. Hope you're doing well, Dan!
Good deal. I'll likely give these a look next time I play. I'll send ya a PM to catch up.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #14
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have gotten a wide range of penalties. One thing I've noticed (and hopefully I'm not just seeing things) - I think your style of aggression has something to do with how the CPU reacts. The cool thing I'm seeing in 15 is that the cpu is quick to protect other players. I'm seeing a wide range of calls as well. I got a double minor for high sticking. As the player was exiting the ice, you could see the blood on his nose area. Stuff like this I've never seen in EA's games before.
By combined I mean both you and the CPU. And many also complain about missed calls, is that something you've seen?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
By combined I mean both you and the CPU. And many also complain about missed calls, is that something you've seen?
Yeah... If you're a lifer of EA's NHL games, you know this is about as good as it's gonna get. All penalty sliders are maxed out, so there's not much more we can do. It's a variety each game.

NOTE: I changed 2 sliders today...

- raised human poke effectiveness to 3 (from 2)
- lowered cpu hit power to 4 (from 6)

The cpu, at superstar level, has an advantage to begin with. Sometimes they go into "unstoppable mode" so this should help some of that. If you're happy with what you see, then just move right along...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

For those playing along... A couple small updates today (9/19). Changes are noted in bold/red on page 1 - post 1. In the checking department. Saw a few more penalties by doing so, which was good to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »