Home

Types of Goals Scored

This is a discussion on Types of Goals Scored within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 21
Types of Goals Scored

Hi all,

I have played around 20 games and I can't seems to have any pucks go in low (under the pads) or through the 5 hole. I have however seen the computer be able to effectively shoot it to these spots and have success with it.

I do get that those are very low percentage spots on a goalie and that any butterfly goalie should be able to stop most shots going low or to the 5 hole, but lets be honest there are times goalies relax a bit too much and the 5 hole gets left open, or the goalie isn't able to get the pads down quick enough.

I feel I have pretty decent sliders right now, and I am hesitant to up the shot power, but I wonder if this will help with some of the variety of goals in order to start beating the goalies reaction time.

Has anyone been able to find some variety in scoring low or 5 hole? Has anyone had any success in more variety with a higher shot speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Types of Goals Scored

it's almost impossible to score low on a shot from further than 1 foot away. the only time it goes in is when the goalie gets a piece of it and sieves it in. i wish they would improve the way the goalies work. shooting high is pretty much the only way to beat the goalie cleanly.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

while shooting down i always score on wristshots along the ice.
i have shooting power at 5 clicks though. shot accuracy at 2 clicks and game speed at 0.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

I have shot power at 1 and I put quite a few rebounds through the 5 hole. It is also a great place to aim on the breakaway. It is possible to sneak one in under the pads when the goalie tries to move side to side in the butterfly stance.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have been able to score wristers low on the stick side, but just tonight (my 33rd game) I finally scored a goal through the 5-Hole. It was a slap shot from the left circle. The goalie got a piece of it but it trickled through!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP
I have shot power at 1 and I put quite a few rebounds through the 5 hole. It is also a great place to aim on the breakaway. It is possible to sneak one in under the pads when the goalie tries to move side to side in the butterfly stance.
if you have shot power at one, you'll never beat a goalie with an outside shot unless its screened or deflected.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 21

Has anyone had any success at higher shot speeds?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
Banned

celtic78's Arena

OVR: 5

anyone wiht shot power at 1 seeing defensemen shoot the puck less than normal? im seeing a lot of different types of goals....ive scored point shot goals through the goalies 5 hole..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »