Home

What 5 GAMEPLAY improvements/additions would you like to see in 2010?

This is a discussion on What 5 GAMEPLAY improvements/additions would you like to see in 2010? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: What 5 GAMEPLAY improvements/additions would you like to see in 2010?

One of the features I love about the new line of 2K sports games, is the ability to PLAY any MATCHUP in your franchise. This is fun when you get tired of just playing your own teams games and want to play around with some different teams...especially during the playoffs.

Also I like the way they have their front page news for the whole league then you can scroll thru the individual teams to see news for each of them...makes the franchise feel alive and breathing

Also, as others have said, there needs to be more subtle distinctions between the different players in the league...tweak some more ratings, add some more tendencies and abilities to give more individuality to the players in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #82
Rookie

PaddyOReilly's Arena

OVR: 5

Here's what I can think of:

Injuries
: Many, many more needed, and on all difficulties not just All-Star and above. They don't have to be season long all the time but why bother with an AHL team in dynasty if they'll never see an NHL game; no depth.

Fighting:
Less said the better. Same goes for the fight/hook button.

Passing: Currently the only passes that aren't tape to tape are when they are to be intercepted.

Board Play: NHL04 looked nice but the feature was merely cosmetic with the puck just becoming owner-less.

Hat Trick Hats: Where'd it go? When the commentators say "here come the hats" it just looks stupid when nothing actually happens.

Sliders: Give us loads; human/cpu, goalies, boosts, shots, injuries, hell even the percentage of Yanks to Mounties in the stands.

Neutral Zone Play: Up, down, up, down.

Solid, Deep, Dynasty: Combine elements of NHL04 and NFL04 and make it EA's 2K killer. Also general dynasty fixes, i.e. correct goalie names on post match EXP screen.

Player Differentiation: One thing that niggles me is when a low value D-man pulls off dekes like he was Forsberg.

Backwards Skating: I can't skate myself but I imagine that you should be able to go faster when skating forwards as opposed to going backwards. For example when I try to push the puck forward next to the defender he always beats me to it.

Don't get me wrong I do like the game but I sometimes feel that what with the mods for NHL04 PC I could get a better dynasty there.

Last edited by PaddyOReilly; 03-26-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 AM   #83
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

5. better line changes ---- i hate to see AI delaying the change lines. most of the time its non-responsive when you try to make manual change.

*** specially if your D-man is coming from the sin-bin, usually he plays Forwards and even when you change lines, the next D-man plays the F position and vice versa.

4. save your line-up for online ---- to avoid wasting time, have your lines ready for all your random online games.

3. more PP and PK lines --- im glad that penalties are called, kudos to EA. to have "almost" fresh PP and PK lines, maybe we could increase to 3 lines for each specially to 5man PP and 4 man PK.

2. injuries --- both in online game and offline.... specially in Dynasty.

1. "C" on the face off ---- specially on 4 on 4, have the center be in the face-off not any Forwards.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 24

1. Separate CPU/human sliders ... and more of them.
2. Improved teammate AI. CPU opponents rarely make mistakes. CPU teammates are bumbling idiots.
3. More distinctive hitting. 160 lbs. or 240 lbs. It doesn't matter. Both can lay you out. It's not realistic.
4. Up to date rosters like NBA Live.
5. The ability to set up a customizable playoff tree, so I can just take my Canadiens into the playoffs.

Number one is absolutely huge to me.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't if this has been mentioned before in the thread:

There are 2 ways to pass Right Bumper & Right Trigger. Why don't use these as a modifier and use the Skill Stick to give direction and speed to your pass? I.e. Hold Right Trigger and use the Skill Stick like you would for shooting.

Right now a lot of my passes don't go in the direction I would like them to go. Must be something with the Pass attribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #86
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm3k
Why don't use these as a modifier and use the Skill Stick to give direction and speed to your pass? I.e. Hold Right Trigger and use the Skill Stick like you would for shooting.
That's a very interesting idea and would certainly make passing more based on user input & skill. I know from conversations with Jason that the team is exploring ways to improve the passing system by giving it greater depth & making it less automatic/assisted. Doesn't necessarily mean that it will be totally revamped or completely manual, as he didn't even know what direction they would take at the time...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 9

the saucer pass needs to be harder to intercept than the regular pass. they took a step backwards with passing in my opinion since last year. i used to have a lot of fun with the saucer pass, but unfortunately now it's almost totally useless to the point i barely have it in my repertoire anymore. you can fire regular passes straight through 3 people, but try the saucer and it's magnetically charged to be intercepted by anyone within 5 yards.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 3

1) I want the old control set-up to have all the moves included. The old control set-up is much easier and convenient for me, and probably for many others as well. Why can't I change lines if I use old control set up? Also, I want the lines to be indicated when changed.

2) A bit of MLB the Show type of animations and presentation would be nice. Adds nice feel to the game and makes it a bit more realistic.

3) Definitely needs more types of animations. Want to be pleasantly surprised as often as possible with new and stunning animations.

4) Free practice mode. Sometimes, I just want to skate around the rink, casually passing pucks around, improve skating skills.

That's about it for now....
Houston Rockets
Boston College Eagles
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »