Home

Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

This is a discussion on Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ok, so I'm throwing chairs out my window (gameplay issue)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Dude you are a smart-***. I would watch yourself, alot of people here are buddies. You are not making yourself look very welcome as of now.

Plus BAA7 is editing ratings and such to IMPROVE the game. How does that decrease his level of maturity??

I also just reread the post baa7 made "I see your new here, Nice intro" EXPLAIN how that OFFENDED YOU!! The rest of his post was about the game and him editing things. How I take your post about him "offending you" is that you are baiting him to attack you. Other wise you have ZERO reason to say he offended you.
Your interpretation of my post is not necessary. I merely stated him consider playing on rookie if he can't handle the elements of his game. Wasn't an insult merely a suggestion. I'm not aware of how much he plays or what level. but apparently your community allows you to try and bully on the boards.

quite frankly this community has been a let down. it's a bunch of people coming together to bitch about a great game. see y'all on live...my membership ends now.

i know you'll miss me....but alas, my time has come to move on.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by doute
Your interpretation of my post is not necessary. I merely stated him consider playing on rookie if he can't handle the elements of his game. Wasn't an insult merely a suggestion. I'm not aware of how much he plays or what level. but apparently your community allows you to try and bully on the boards.

quite frankly this community has been a let down. it's a bunch of people coming together to bitch about a great game. see y'all on live...my membership ends now.

i know you'll miss me....but alas, my time has come to move on.
After 20 posts you're calling quits? Give this community time. It's the best on the web IMO. Things get misread, or misinterpretated. It's a forum, it happens.

I really enjoy this community. You shouldn't give up on us so easily.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Plus BAA7 is editing ratings and such to IMPROVE the game.

Other wise you have ZERO reason to say he offended you.
Thanks, that's all I was trying to say: that editing ratings can make the game play better for gamers like myself. Maybe my use of the word "arcade" was the problem. But I find it hard to believe anyone who knows hockey would call the gameplay on the higher levels "sim". It's no doubt a challenge for many and fun for them as well, but it's not a realistic representation of NHL hockey.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 47

Now I have seen it all, Baa calling someone rude. I like this game. I like 2k9 too, but this is so much better looking and it runs smoother too. I say play it for what it is worth a fun game of hockey.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I never said it did. It represents your rudeness and your apparent level of maturity.

I'll tell you what: I'll see about correcting this perceived injustice the moment you explain what play puck means. Because as of right now, I have no fricking clue what you're talking about.
Except that you're flat out just wrong. The AI doesn't get speed boosts at all in EA's title. It just doesn't happen. Its one thing to not have the stick skills to keep up with an adapting AI, thats fine and theres nothing wrong with that. Its another to continually post over and over what is pretty much complete bs as fact.

I perfer the challenge personally, not to take a jab at 2k since I think everyone knows my stance on 2k9 but I still perfer what EA has done in comparison to 2k's skate right down the middle over and over again AI that has been there since 2k6 pretty much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
The AI doesn't get speed boosts at all in EA's title. It just doesn't happen.
LOL. And pucks are square and you play on Superstar because it's pure sim, right?
Old 01-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
LOL. And pucks are square and you play on Superstar because it's pure sim, right?
No its not pure sim, but its the closest we have when it comes to a next gen hockey title. I'd like more board play and less tape to tape passing like anyone else, but when it comes to AI being a challenge, and controls actually feeling good and intuitive, yes I perfer EA's title this year.

One question for you, do you actually use the create a play feature for breakouts or in the offensive zone? I find that alone, along with just playing good positional defense cuts way down on the AI being able to pick up on your tendencies and exploiting holes in the defense.

Do you ever dump and use a power foward like say for example Lucic to forecheck the cpu AI player going after the puck to create a turnover in the zone for a scoring chance?

Those are just a few examples of why I find 09 more sim, or as sim as its prolly gonna get in the offline game. In 2k's game theres no reason to dump and chase, or even really a reason to be positionally sound defensively because the AI is just going to do the same thing each time down the ice regardless if you have players clogging the slot or not.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
No its not pure sim, but its the closest we have when it comes to a next gen hockey title.
Thank you. And I think NHL 09 is a very good game. I'm just trying to make it play more like hockey. And thanks for the tips -- I'll try some of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »