Home

What's New In The EASHL? Gamespot Interview With Littman

This is a discussion on What's New In The EASHL? Gamespot Interview With Littman within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #25
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What's New In The EASHL? Gamespot Interview With Littman

The EASHL is a great concept, but could be ruined by the idiots.

Give someone the option of a gold helmet? They are going to cheat and glitch their way through the game until they get it. Like moths to a flame, the kiddies will come.

"WUT HAX DO I NEED 4 GOLD HELMET?!??!!?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's not like this stuff is going to be that hard to get. Some of you are acting like you're going to have to dedicate 60+ hours of gametime to even stand a chance in the EASHL. Even though a few points never made that big of a difference anyway, it's not like it'll be hard to unlock a few pieces in a few sessions.

If you don't have time to play like.. 3 games in Be A Pro, or something like that to unlock a helmet until NHL 11 comes out, then why are you even worried about it? You clearly won't have time to play in the EASHL... or play any game for that matter
Old 08-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgudely
It's not like this stuff is going to be that hard to get. Some of you are acting like you're going to have to dedicate 60+ hours of gametime to even stand a chance in the EASHL. Even though a few points never made that big of a difference anyway, it's not like it'll be hard to unlock a few pieces in a few sessions.

If you don't have time to play like.. 3 games in Be A Pro, or something like that to unlock a helmet until NHL 11 comes out, then why are you even worried about it? You clearly won't have time to play in the EASHL... or play any game for that matter
Thank you! Thats pretty much what I was trying to get across. A few extra points really isn't going to matter to begin with, hockey is a team game, one or two kids with a gold stick isn't gonna matter much vs a whole team of sim minded guys who know what the're doing in the first place.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

We don't know what it will take to unlock useful things, but they mentioned getting to the first line in BAP. Even for a great player, that is going to take some time. I know they are improving BA, but still legitimately that is going to take more than a few games. At least if you play D.

I think last year it took me 10-15 games playing D. The ratings weren't done well so it was hard to rank up. Even if they fix that this year it is still going to take time. I don't want to rush though that.

Check out Tiger 10 and see how fun chugging through all the unlocks is. Hopefully NHL10 is much better, but it sounds like the exact same thing.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #29
EA Game Changer

LuGer33's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not worried so much about unlocks as much as I am about the attribute boosting equipment itself. I fully expect to unlock it all fine, that isn't the problem.

My problem is being forced to use this gear to level the playing field out there. Now you can sit here and say, "Oh, a few points don't really matter" which really might be true, but you are still at a disadvantage. The same shot, taken from the same angle, with someone using a Reebok stick with 86 wrist shot power has less of a chance of going in as someone using a gold stick with 86 wrist shot power + 3 wrist shot power thanks to the boost slot available on the equipment. That's it, there's no getting around it.

To further that point, with monthly championships, teams are going to get real competitive, and when it comes down to who makes the top spots in Division 1, the smart money says the top teams will be trying to get every advantage possible. EVERYONE will be using the fantasy gear for the extra juice, it just doesn't make any sense not to. The games aren't even going to resemble anything close to a visual ice hockey experience.

In the video, I really like the looks of Reebok Revoke goalie pads. Those are the pads I want to use. And yet, they have "no boost slots" while the crazy monster gear at the bottom does. If I want to be the best goalie I can be, and to give my team the best chance to win, I have to use those crazy pads. I don't see how anyone can think that's a good idea.

I just don't think I should be punished or at a disadvantage, however small, for preferring realistic gear over EA Sports fantasy gear, and no matter how you slice it, that's what this year's EASHL boils down to.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

Not going to lie, I'm pretty upset about the new equipment. Santa Hat? wtf? Litty man, what the hell? I'm pretty sure I can quote you as saying "I want to create the most realistic hockey experience" and a farting Santa Hat?! Give me a break. Way to water down the game.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuGer33
I'm not worried so much about unlocks as much as I am about the attribute boosting equipment itself. I fully expect to unlock it all fine, that isn't the problem.

My problem is being forced to use this gear to level the playing field out there. Now you can sit here and say, "Oh, a few points don't really matter" which really might be true, but you are still at a disadvantage. The same shot, taken from the same angle, with someone using a Reebok stick with 86 wrist shot power has less of a chance of going in as someone using a gold stick with 86 wrist shot power + 3 wrist shot power thanks to the boost slot available on the equipment. That's it, there's no getting around it.

To further that point, with monthly championships, teams are going to get real competitive, and when it comes down to who makes the top spots in Division 1, the smart money says the top teams will be trying to get every advantage possible. EVERYONE will be using the fantasy gear for the extra juice, it just doesn't make any sense not to. The games aren't even going to resemble anything close to a visual ice hockey experience.

In the video, I really like the looks of Reebok Revoke goalie pads. Those are the pads I want to use. And yet, they have "no boost slots" while the crazy monster gear at the bottom does. If I want to be the best goalie I can be, and to give my team the best chance to win, I have to use those crazy pads. I don't see how anyone can think that's a good idea.

I just don't think I should be punished or at a disadvantage, however small, for preferring realistic gear over EA Sports fantasy gear, and no matter how you slice it, that's what this year's EASHL boils down to.
LuGer33 FTW I love how you see through the crap others cant and actually say whats going on. I want to use my Mission Assassin gloves my RBK Gold Stick and my Rbk 9k Skates while wearing my Nike Bauer 4500 Helmet like i do in real life and i dont wanna be punished for it either! The ****** gamer doesnt BUY hockey games they rent them so why are you hurting the playes who have supported EA since 97 and beyond who will buy this game? Pathetic. as EA sports say If its in the game its in the game not if its in WoW its in the game.

LITTMAN = SELLOUT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishkoi
LuGer33 FTW I love how you see through the crap others cant and actually say whats going on. I want to use my Mission Assassin gloves my RBK Gold Stick and my Rbk 9k Skates while wearing my Nike Bauer 4500 Helmet like i do in real life and i dont wanna be punished for it either! The ****** gamer doesnt BUY hockey games they rent them so why are you hurting the playes who have supported EA since 97 and beyond who will buy this game? Pathetic. as EA sports say If its in the game its in the game not if its in WoW its in the game.

LITTMAN = SELLOUT
One bad feature and you're calling the producer a sellout? Some of you guys are so fickle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »