Home

More NHL 11 Details (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on More NHL 11 Details (Gameinformer) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #41
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: More NHL 11 Details (Gameinformer)

I love all of these things they are adding, but one thing i hope they add, is being able to control your guy all of the time.
Those moments where you get hooked and spin out, with the puck just sitting there on your stick, but you can't pass, or even move, you're just sliding frozen in some awful animation.
Or more importantly, give us control over the swings in air, and the batting of the puck, or the grabbing it out of mid-air.
I'm glad my guys are trying, but i had a goal scored on me when Pronger tried batting at a puck that got bounced up near the corner, that i was skating as him towards, which he completely missed and the animation sent him into the corner...unfortunately the other team just picked it up and shot it right by my goalie.
Then later in the same period, i was on the PK, and i tried to clear the puck, only to have my own guy grab it out of the air in our own zone, and set it down...
He then got stick-lifted and stood there dumbfounded as the other team put the puck away again.
If they would just give me complete control, that with all of these features they are adding will make me a happy camper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I love all of these things they are adding, but one thing i hope they add, is being able to control your guy all of the time.
Agreed they need to fix the 2 second "blackout" your player has when he is sticklifted. Also the animation when you're slashed needs some adjustment. It's okay in the middle of the game to shake his hand and stuff for a penalty, but to do it when the player's team is behind near the end of the game? No matter if a penalty is called or not the player isn't going to just stop and wag his hand when he could try to continue the play and make something happen.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Agreed they need to fix the 2 second "blackout" your player has when he is sticklifted. .
I read it was NOT fixed. disappointing to say the least..
Old 06-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

i like how you can still affect the play after being checked by using your stick while on the ice. Might lead to some Ovechkin-esque goals.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #45
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I'm stoked for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #46
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Agreed they need to fix the 2 second "blackout" your player has when he is sticklifted. Also the animation when you're slashed needs some adjustment. It's okay in the middle of the game to shake his hand and stuff for a penalty, but to do it when the player's team is behind near the end of the game? No matter if a penalty is called or not the player isn't going to just stop and wag his hand when he could try to continue the play and make something happen.
Now thats good critism.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #47
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: More NHL 11 Details

All this game needs now is presentation.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #48
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: More NHL 11 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
All this game needs now is presentation.
Truth. Its early yet, however, and I'd be willing to bet there is good news for us on the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »