Home

How will you play your NHL 11 franchise?

This is a discussion on How will you play your NHL 11 franchise? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2010, 01:28 AM   #17
Rookie

Danknugmelo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How will you play your NHL 11 franchise?

I'll finish a season with my friend and tehn start another one. Usually finish 3 season with him with three different teams.

I'll usually take one of those teams and play a second season without simming. Then use that same team and sim each season and tehn play the playof games until the franchise is done.

With HUT this year i'll probably just stick to that mode and not have a long beagm team this year.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't like to sim so I'll probably be lucky if I get to see one offseason.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #19
Pro

HeroWorship's Arena

OVR: 5

I already know I will do two franchises, a Sabres one for my personal use, and one for the boards (I believe doing board dynasties are fun).

However, I am considering simming a few games to keep my interest. Last year's edition of NHL 10 was fun, as I played a year of BAGM with the Sabres with fantasy drafted rosters, and the results at the end of the season appeared like this:

Which was nice, but it also showed that (a) I scored too much, and (b) a 60 win season seems a bit of a stretch.

However, after the first season, I only made it to December of the second season before I got bored. I wonder if dominating causes some to get bored.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not sure really, I'm thinking of playing every second week, then play all of the playoffs. Although if the gameplay really rocks, I'll probably play every game.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12

I usually play one or two games a week, and sim the rest in Be a GM. I like variety in my sked, and one game of a home-and-home is usually enough for me before simming. I find it keeps interesting, since I can't control what the AI does during sims.
HUT looks even better than FIFA Ultimate Team, so I play that a bunch this year, too.
No matter how I decide to play this year, I'm still super-excited for release!
If only EA made a PSP port so I can play at work :-(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play all home games one season and then all away games the next season as playing in the same building every game kinda gets stale.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
I usually play one or two games a week, and sim the rest in Be a GM. I like variety in my sked, and one game of a home-and-home is usually enough for me before simming. I find it keeps interesting, since I can't control what the AI does during sims.
HUT looks even better than FIFA Ultimate Team, so I play that a bunch this year, too.
No matter how I decide to play this year, I'm still super-excited for release!
If only EA made a PSP port so I can play at work :-(
I adopted this format and having a blast so far, the way I am playing this is start every season with playing the season opener then 1 game a week until the end. This way it totals to about 26-27 games a season and more if my team makes the playoffs and in that case would play all of those.

So far in starting my season last night I played the opener and 1 game out of the week. Started out 3-1-2, having a blast. I love watching the period by period sim.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really only play BaGM, but I get my money's worth. I never sim a game, and I try to average 1 game a day. I usually can get 4-5 seasons completed before the next version of the game comes out, at which point the game is usually ruined due to inflation of ratings.

It may seem boring to some, but I find it very interesting if you play it at a realistic level. At times I can win five straight, but at some points of the season, I go on six game slides, so it usually all evens out where I need to win every game up until maybe the last three games when I clinch a 6th-8th seed.

Of course I only play one video game (NHL 20XX), so I can devote all my 'video game time' to this one game. I'm sure if you play numerous video games, my way of playing wouldn't be a realistic option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »