Home

Simulation Stats totally screwy

This is a discussion on Simulation Stats totally screwy within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Simulation Stats totally screwy

I'm simmed a couple seasons, see how things would end up. I've had guys like Ovie and Crosby under 40 goals(with full 82 games played), and Malkin not even being in the top 15 in scoring. Frolov led all goal scores with FORTY-THREE.

Is this something EA is aware of and will fix with a tuner/patch? Or is it just a suck it up and stick to "Play Now" games? I love the on-ice game, but What's the use in playing Be a GM, if all I have to do to get a leading scorer is drop more than 43 in a season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Simulation Stats totally screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
Is this something EA is aware of and will fix with a tuner/patch? Or is it just a suck it up and stick to "Play Now" games? I love the on-ice game, but What's the use in playing Be a GM, if all I have to do to get a leading scorer is drop more than 43 in a season?
Considering this issue was in NHL 10 and 09, I doubt it'll be fixed/addressed. This is the main reason I'm staying away from BAGM this year.

BAGM is pretty much a crapshoot once again, it's unfortunate because the rest of the game is excellent and I'm all about dynasty modes. HUT is doing a good job of replacing it for me, however
Old 09-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

This "SIM" engine has plagued this series for years. Can't understand why it can't be fixed. That was the one good thing about 2k, was that their SIM engine was pretty darn good.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

yeah same here haven't even touched BAGM since NHL09, whats the point if the stats don't at least marginally reflect the league at the time.. Oh that and I don't have time to play 82 games per season without simming so having no customizable season length is a killer.

I'm guessing they have a third party or another dept. do the sim engine and for some reason can never change it.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
This "SIM" engine has plagued this series for years. Can't understand why it can't be fixed. That was the one good thing about 2k, was that their SIM engine was pretty darn good.
Couldn't agree with this more. EA gameplay and game modes + 2K sim engine and menus = best hockey game ever. I remember running a franchise as far as it could go back in NHL 2K6, back when 2K had decent gameplay too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah it's a shame that the sim engine is dragging this imo, excellent playing game down.

What do I know?...but you'd think the sim stats wouldn't be too difficult to fix. Hopefully if enough people bring the issue up, maybe they'll do something to fix it this year.

Again...you'd at least think that fixing sim stats would be one of the easier fixes?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I really think we should get some explanation for this, or at least a word on this back in return.

Dynasty is my meat and bones, and since this has been an issue since 09, we deserve a patch, or a word that something is in the works.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

There really is no excuse for it. The past several years, the SIM stats have been messed up. Each year we have asked for this to be addressed. To promote a game and say it's simulation, and not have a decent sim engine, is beyond me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »