Home

Hard to trade players

This is a discussion on Hard to trade players within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2010, 06:37 AM   #9
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hard to trade players

Seems they made it more likely for the CPU to accept trades during off season and Trade Deadline. I mean come on how many trades do you see between Oct 1st-Feb 27th?? They are very far and few.

Now on that note anyone having success pulling off blockbuster trades at the deadline?

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

i barely see any trades anymore...maybe a few at the Trade Deadline, and one or two at the draft, but none during the season, and maybe another during the offseason...and they are never trades of any significance...i dont see teams unloading potential free agents, or teams trading to get younger...

also, i find Brian Campbell the hardest guy to trade, since his contract is so high, and his trade value is relatively low...but i usually can still trade him for a low draft pick at the deadline...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruszer
i barely see any trades anymore...maybe a few at the Trade Deadline, and one or two at the draft, but none during the season, and maybe another during the offseason...and they are never trades of any significance...i dont see teams unloading potential free agents, or teams trading to get younger...

also, i find Brian Campbell the hardest guy to trade, since his contract is so high, and his trade value is relatively low...but i usually can still trade him for a low draft pick at the deadline...
It's funny you mention Campbell .. in my 1st season Chicago put him on waivers, Colorado picked him up and he played the rest of the season in the AHL with the Monsters LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

I really like the way it is this year.
I started a GM with Boston and tried to unload Thomas due to his big contract...and it took a few weeks before I could get him off.
Although things are far from being perfect, it plays a lot better this year. Managing your roster and make moves actually takes time of research beforehand...which is quiete nice. I just wish it would be a bit more comfortable (i.e. showing the top 5 stats in the value screen).
The AI still allows you to uptrade a bit,but not as easily/heavy as it was last year.
NFL: Steelers

Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #13
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

The only thing I find very wrong is that the AI will trade anything for draft picks.
I find Tampa always willing to move Stamkos and Hedman in a package deal for junk and a couple high picks????

And early on you can usuallly pick up any superstar for a couple 1st round picks. Which if you have a playoff team it's worth it.

In one franchise I moved Phoenix back to the Jets and in the second year had Turris as a RFA and Florida offered 3 1st round picks and 2nd's for him.....add to that they were going to pay him 7 mill a year....I couldn't believe that deal.

If you look at the teams that put value on vets you can move some high paid vets off your roster for good young talent. Trading isn't impossible but it also shouldn't be crazy, I mean I always grab that Stamkos Hedman Trade and pick up Hall anytime. And with Chicago I can usually always grab either Toews or Kane and same with Malkin and Crosby the CPU always will trade one of them to free up cap room.

Funny thing was I was offered Joe Thornton for a 2nd round pick a month or so into the season and picked him up.... but as a 1st line Center he killed my team, was too slow but I moved him to 2nd line and it worked perfectly. The next year I sent him back to the Sharks for a 1st round pick???? That made no sense, I tried to send him back to Boston but they didn't want him.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithfire
nowhere to play richards

Penner/Horcoff/Hemsky
Cogliano/Gagner/Stortini
Hall/Brule/Eberle
LOL

WUT?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
The only thing I find very wrong is that the AI will trade anything for draft picks.
I find Tampa always willing to move Stamkos and Hedman in a package deal for junk and a couple high picks????

And early on you can usuallly pick up any superstar for a couple 1st round picks. Which if you have a playoff team it's worth it.

In one franchise I moved Phoenix back to the Jets and in the second year had Turris as a RFA and Florida offered 3 1st round picks and 2nd's for him.....add to that they were going to pay him 7 mill a year....I couldn't believe that deal.

If you look at the teams that put value on vets you can move some high paid vets off your roster for good young talent. Trading isn't impossible but it also shouldn't be crazy, I mean I always grab that Stamkos Hedman Trade and pick up Hall anytime. And with Chicago I can usually always grab either Toews or Kane and same with Malkin and Crosby the CPU always will trade one of them to free up cap room.

Funny thing was I was offered Joe Thornton for a 2nd round pick a month or so into the season and picked him up.... but as a 1st line Center he killed my team, was too slow but I moved him to 2nd line and it worked perfectly. The next year I sent him back to the Sharks for a 1st round pick???? That made no sense, I tried to send him back to Boston but they didn't want him.
Well, I still think the trade logic was greatly improved from last year.
You have to keep in mind, that a programm can't (and simply shouldn't) value a player based on a name like we fans do. I believe they can't even evaluate based on single ratings, e.g. getting a lower OVR player with high Checking ratings for their 4th line...it would simply be too complex.

So they have to judge their decisions on priorities for the team or some "needs" based on simple roster management questions like:
- need cap room?
- amount of players on certain positions beyond certain limits?
- etc.

Furthermore, the game should allow to trade towards the human player so that people can make the trades they dream of (as long as its hard enough).

Lastly, bad decisions also happen IRL.

On a side note...giving away your 2nd pick for someone who didn't play up to your expectations...doesn't sound like a great deal to me (no offence)

I really enjoy the AIs behaviour this year. I saw bad teams going draft picks and good teams for good players.
NFL: Steelers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

I started my Be A GM at the draft and had a trade offer from Columbus. Hawks Get Commodore(D) and Guenin(D) for Huet and a 4th rnd pick. I took it!

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »