Home

Hip Check - could be fixed with custom controls

This is a discussion on Hip Check - could be fixed with custom controls within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Hip Check - could be fixed with custom controls

First, I think this game is great. Great work on the tuner settings. My only issue is that I tend to go into hipcheck mode as a defenseman when I wasn't trying to do so. It's too easy to click the right thumbstick down, especially in pressure situations and you get excited and hit it too hard. It even happens sometimes when you were sure you didn't do it.

To make matters worse, your player sometimes freezes in that position.

I've seen some threads on the EA forums calling for a way to turn it off, but rather than doing that, I wish we could just customize our controls. There are some buttons that don't really do anything on defense (X button I believe) and I would love to use that for hipcheck rather than clicking the right thumbstick. I wouldn't accidentally be doing something I don't want to do.

How hard would this be to add? I'm guessing it would require a full patch, right? Are there any thoughts on adding customizable controls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Hip Check - could be fixed with custom controls

While it doesn't really happen to me, I know where you're coming from. I saw in a shooter game (I think it was Halo Reach??) some sort of tension setting or something along those lines so that accidental clicks from squeezing the controller too hard become less frequent.

I have absolutely no clue how this works, whether it requires you to really jam the stick down to activate L3/R3 or what, but could be something for EA to look into...
Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

Do you play on PS3 or on 360?
I owned both and currently playing on the PS3, I don't have this problem at all.It never happened in any game that I "clicked" L3/R3 accidently.
Do you use a original controller? I used third-party one for the 360 and the analogs were really loose.
NFL: Steelers

Old 09-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Do you play on PS3 or on 360?
I owned both and currently playing on the PS3, I don't have this problem at all.It never happened in any game that I "clicked" L3/R3 accidently.
Do you use a original controller? I used third-party one for the 360 and the analogs were really loose.

I use Xbox360. Hmm... I wonder if there's a custom controller out there that has L3/R3 as a separate button?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
Kbs
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the same problem when I play shooters on the Xbox 360. Luckily, I bought the game for the PS3 where I've never had this issue before (I'm not trying to be a fanboy [I own a PS3 and 360], just saying I've only had this problem with the 360 controller).

Anyways, I understand what you're going through, it got really annoying in shooters for me where there were never any settings to help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Banned

All I want is to be able to branch out of a pass. Way to often I call for a pass an instant after the CPU or user player passes me the puck, then I end up passing it into no mans land and look like a moron doing so. They did that with the L1 button which doubles as the poke check and saucer pass buttons. But being that people rarely if ever do give and go passes because they are so hard to pull off, I don't know why they can't add a delay to passing the puck until you actually have control of it.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

HawkeyMediaPlus's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
All I want is to be able to branch out of a pass. Way to often I call for a pass an instant after the CPU or user player passes me the puck, then I end up passing it into no mans land and look like a moron doing so. They did that with the L1 button which doubles as the poke check and saucer pass buttons. But being that people rarely if ever do give and go passes because they are so hard to pull off, I don't know why they can't add a delay to passing the puck until you actually have control of it.
Bears 30 Packers 17

Yeah I know what you mean...

GO BEARS!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyMediaPlus
Bears 30 Packers 17

Yeah I know what you mean...

GO BEARS!
Then you woke from your delusional dream, only to go on a profanity laced tirade realising it was only a dream and that fantasy's don't play out in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »