Home

NHL 11 Patch Available Now for PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Patch Available Now for PS3, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 11 Patch Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

just played my first game post patch...cpu didnt get called for a penalty the entire game...game feels looser or something...passes were tougher to connect...handling the puck was tougher then normal as well...lots of loose pucks cpu and myself.

cup shots and attack time were about the same as mine...and faceoffs seemed to be a bit tougher, so thats good.

now a question what tuner is everyone using for this patch?

i used 1.05 and the game felt way different then prepatch tuner 1.05

Last edited by hort22; 11-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
kinda dissappointed to see the phantom elbowing calls still there... Also have the goalies been boosted again? Seems like it...
goalies felt exactly the same for me. scored 5 goals in my first game with the patch.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
The 1500XP bug is fixed! It now shows more than 1500 XP... which are never spent, so far. I have guys on my team with 2,600XP (in a continued season), and 0 improvement .So really, they just removed the cap, so that instead of throwing away that experience, you packrat it away. Presumably to spend while you HIBERNATE.

I'm testing things with a new BAGM mode.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
goalies felt exactly the same for me. scored 5 goals in my first game with the patch.
Goalies seem worst actually. Since the puck feels looser they miss alot of cover up attempts which lead to easy tap ins by the trailer crashing the net. Just won a playoff game 7-5. May have to do some adjusting sliders wise.

Only saw 3 penalties all game which seems off as well (maxed pen sliders) 1 on the cpu for a trip, 2 on me, a hook and an interference.

Hopefully the upcoming tuner works out the kinks.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, I can agree the game plays a bit "looser" now. Passes aren't tape to tape. Also noticed dump & chase seemed to work a little better.

I really wish they would have fixed the sim stats though, but oh well.

Something easy to fix for a patch #2 if there is one....when you simulate a game in Be a GM, that damn "SIMULATING" box on the calendar covers up the team's record you are playing against. All that screen real estate, and they put it over the one thing that's useful to see.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #46
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Any opinions on cpu defensive aggression? I believe they said it was going to be harder to enter the offensive zone, that the cpu was going to try and force more dump-ins?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #47
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
Any opinions on cpu defensive aggression? I believe they said it was going to be harder to enter the offensive zone, that the cpu was going to try and force more dump-ins?
Yep Rosco, I'm very interested also in hearing if there's a noticeable difference with this too.

I'm hoping there is...and that it goes both ways, Human and cpu.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I've so far noticed that they get more aggressive sooner (ie; if you're down 2-0 and it's early in the 3rd, etc.). I wouldn't say they're more aggressive on average, but they start taking more chances sooner, instead of just in the last two minutes (this is all on Superstar/Default).

I also notice they are making a few more coverage mistakes now than they used to. Centres are leaving the forward in the front of the net a bit more often. Wingers who are backchecking through the neutral zone will come off their man sooner, leading to passing opportunities through the neutral zone. It could be called more aggressive, but if that's the case, it's dumb aggressive because they're leaving open holes without really closing other holes.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »