Home

NHL 12 Demo....will it be free?

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Demo....will it be free? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NHL 12 Demo....will it be free?

I just went to download the Madden 12 demo on XBL, only to find out that only Gold subscribers can download it. What a scam! I hope the NHL 12 demo doesn't follow this pattern. I know last year I was able to download the NHL 11 demo with my standard XBL account. I'm really hating this "pay a fee every time you scratch your a$$" business model that these greedy bloodsuckers are trying to push on us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NHL 12 Demo....will it be free?

Usually the first couple days of demo release only gold can download it. In a couple of days it will be free.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm by no means an Xbox live expert but I think in these cases everyone makes a new account to get a free trial gold account to download the new demos.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

should be some advantages to paying subscription fees. I pay my gold every year, get off your wallet if you want access to everything as early as others.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Where it's written that everything should be free?

They offer you a service (XBL) and you need a gold membership to download the demo early. If it's not right for you, then all you have to do is move to the PS3 or wait.

I hope you don't have a car, because I wouldn't want to hear what you have to say about oil company if Microsoft are bloodsuckers with a 60$/365 days service!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have to disagree, a demo should always be free. I mean it's supposed to advertise the full game, why should anyone pay for an advertisement? Should I write EA a check for the privilege of seeing one of their ads on TV? Microsoft is just trying to annoy people into paying for gold, pure and simple.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Banned

Hal Fowler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLandPESFan
I have to disagree, a demo should always be free. I mean it's supposed to advertise the full game, why should anyone pay for an advertisement? Should I write EA a check for the privilege of seeing one of their ads on TV? Microsoft is just trying to annoy people into paying for gold, pure and simple.
The demo is free. You are complaining about access. You will get it, but just not for a few days.

And you are right, MS would like you to pay for XBL Gold. If you find it to be a good value, you will. If not, you won't.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Fowler
The demo is free. You are complaining about access. You will get it, but just not for a few days.

And you are right, MS would like you to pay for XBL Gold. If you find it to be a good value, you will. If not, you won't.
and the 48hr. free trial for gold doesn't work for downloading the demo either. i wasted a code last year trying to download the demo when released

i don't mind waiting, but when you say a few days, do you mean when the real game is released on Sep. 13th. or do you mean, give or take, a week after the demo is released to the XBL Gold crowd
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »