Home

Team Strategies (CPU Adjustments)

This is a discussion on Team Strategies (CPU Adjustments) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Team Strategies (CPU Adjustments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
btw, fiddy, do you think editing the players, specially in L3, L4 and D3 by giving them -10% to make a difference between them and L1,L2 and D1, D2 would help seeing the difference between superstars and grinders?
i dont think so. its been done in the past i do believe, editing like that and it did nothing.

you know what i noticed today though while messing around with edits. every player in the game uses the same stick flex and stick curve. why the heck do they have all the different options, yet have every player set to the same flex and curve? terrible..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Team Strategies (CPU Adjustments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I was messing around with the Playoff Mode today, controlled all 16 teams etc.

I then went in and changed all the team strategies to basically match what I have set in our 2K10 rosters.

I also then changed the CPU Strategy Change Slider to 0.

The game played a lot better for whatever reason. With that said, I was up 1-0 with a min left, the Canucks had all kinds of pressure on me. They didn't pull the goalie.

I remember someone stating that when that's at 0 they won't pull the goalie. Can't find that thread. So does anybody know if they will pull the goalie if that slider is set to say just 1?

Heck, the game in general played better. Maybe I'll just leave it there and deal with that small issue.

Has anybody else played a season like this controlling all teams and having their strats set to how they play?
I`m doing playoffs using all the teams too,....for the strategy sliders I think I`ve got all the sliders set at 3 and I`m getting great results.

The only thing I have to do is make sure that when I get a lead that I don`t let my coach keep me in defend lead,....I prefer to run in a conservative breakout when defending a lead,except for maybe the last few minutes of a game I might go into it if desired.

I don`t mind letting the "coach" do some of the strategy changes,..as I`m playing and changing lines,and faceoff alignments,and making strategy adjustments too,.....but it`s a chore to make every one,and even more so when you`re doing it on the fly.

The cpu won`t pull the goalies until there is 30 seconds on the clock,....it should be doing it between a minute and a minute and a half left at least....so that will be something to check with NHL13 or to give the devs a heads up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »