Home

Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13?

This is a discussion on Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13?

I saw some news that Gary and Bill are coming back to do the game. Not to be negative but this unfortunately was a deal breaker for me. I will not be purchasing NHL 13. I really wish they would have listened to the fans and spent some extra money to overhaul this just my opinion of course but I will buy Madden this year but what a huge disappointment this is. I love hockey but those too have had a good run but its over will wait till next year. Where's Doc Emerick or Jim Hughson HELP we want something fresh!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Gary Thorne and Bill Clement again for NHL 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derektown
I saw some news that Gary and Bill are coming back to do the game. Not to be negative but this unfortunately was a deal breaker for me. I will not be purchasing NHL 13. I really wish they would have listened to the fans and spent some extra money to overhaul this just my opinion of course but I will buy Madden this year but what a huge disappointment this is. I love hockey but those too have had a good run but its over will wait till next year. Where's Doc Emerick or Jim Hughson HELP we want something fresh!
Jim Hughson was with the game most of last gen, no thanks. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous, especially to turn and around and buy Madden instead. Madden may have improved its commentary over last year or the year before, but that's not really saying much. Not to mention, this years sounds a bit robotic during gameplay. I'll take NHL anyday over Madden and just turn the commentary down, it's that easy.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Well it's not a deal breaker for me, but it is a letdown. Even though they claim there's some new lines, I too wanted Emrick.
Ah well...
Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by derektown
I really don't understand posts like this. The commentary -- which is very decent compared to other sports games BTW -- is WAY down the list of issues that need to be addressed with this series. If you're passing on the game because of the PBP announcers, that says more about you than the game I'm afraid.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Jim Hughson was with the game most of last gen, no thanks. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous. To not buy a game because of the commentary is ridiculous, especially to turn and around and buy Madden instead.
100% agree with all three of those comments. It's laughable to knock NHL's commentary as the reason to stop playing, and then say you're going to buy... gack... Madden instead. Madden's commentary is worse than awful, it's abysmal.

Last edited by Yeats; 05-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Rookie

The_Kid77's Arena

OVR: 0

TBH....I don't find them to be that bad, just the lines are getting a bit old now and could do with an overhaul. To not buy the game for that sole reason seems slightly harsh.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I can understand being disgusted with commentary like Madden 12's. I get that. But NHL 12's commentary was by no-means broken or terrible. It's simply stale.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not going to buy NHL 13 because some players have Warrior gloves. Absolute deal breaker for me...

On a serious note, really? The commentary will make you not buy the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »