Home

Online or Offline? Future of Hockey on Next-Gen Systems

This is a discussion on Online or Offline? Future of Hockey on Next-Gen Systems within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Thelastnova's Arena

OVR: 2
Online or Offline? Future of Hockey on Next-Gen Systems

This is becoming quite concerning for me as an avid franchise user. With Xbox going to always online connections I feel like franchise modes are going to be forgotten. With that being said, would you rather have a hockey game dedicated to franchise or a hockey game dedicated to online franchise or mutiplayer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Online or Offline? Future of Hockey on Next-Gen Systems

Yep, I share your concern. I only play solo offline franchise. If gaming goes to only online/multiplayer, I'll be staying with the old games. No interest in online gaming at all.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll take a good 6's game online over offline all day every day. I used to be an avid offline/franchise gamer, but getting a good group of guys to play 6's with is FAR and AWAY better. Not even close.

That said, if I only played OTP or hut or stuff like that, then yeah, I'd prefer offline in that case because those modes are garbage imo.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Banned

geoffstanek's Arena

OVR: 1

I dont think that they will ever get rid of the FRANCHISE mode. With the new generation systems saying they will be online at all times is nothing new. You are always connected to the internet now and Im sure that they are going to improve on that. IMO OFFLINE is better for me because i dont like end to end NO DEFENSE games. I dont care what you say every online game i have played or seen played including ELITE level is end to end goal fest. IMO franchise mode is more realistic than online.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

As far as I am concerned, EA has never had a franchise mode as I like to play variable length seasons (ideally around 30 games) and only like to play franchise modes with local friends where we each control a team. This was present over 5 years ago in NHL 2k8 and EA has yet to implement it, I'm pretty sure they never will. I predict Be a GM mode will be gone within 3 years and everyone will be forced to play Be a GM online as EA seems intent on forcing online down everyone's throats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Not a fan of online sports games, ill play shooter online Vs but I prefer an offline carreer mode.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

You have to look at this all from a business standpoint. There's no money in an off-line based game of any sort anymore in the sports genre. It's all about money. They keep fans statistically speaking, into their games and games in general longer if they can incorporate a multiplayer experience.

I personally love doing a franchise and building a team and drafting players, it's my favorite thing. But it's obvious that they won't focus a great deal on these in the future. It'll stick around because it's a viable option from Multiplayer but to keep discussing if they'll redo it and add a crap ton more things is just not smart on our part.

Money. Money. Money. 3 Most Important things in business.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Xbox is going to an always online connection? Did May 21st come and go already?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »