Home

NHL 14 Player Faces List

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Player Faces List within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2013, 02:53 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Player Faces List

Hey guys, I posted an interesting request over on this forum. Apparently the guy who started the thread sends players' requests to the NHL developers... bope. Try and help us out: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/105/9675247.page

The post reads:
I know the whole talk of cyber faces is coming up more and more. Just a few years back I felt like there weren't enough people who cared, and this year there's a whole bunch of people trying to get the developers to do something about it. Clearly, it's a growing concern. Below, in no particular order, are the 3 things that come up most frequently in the forums. When put in words it seems like we're asking for a whole lot but this is incredibly reasonable when comparing to other EA franchises like Madden or FIFA. If Madden and FIFA die hards have their stars looking real, we should as well. Let's try and send this to the developers.:

1. The rookies from the showcases.
- Through patches and roster updates, us players would like to at least get cybers from the NHL ready prospects. It encourages going in depth while playing Be a GM mode. Without these prospects, several years into our dynasties, teams end up looking like a bunch of nobody's. It makes for an uninteresting stretch when all players with a familiar face are gone.

2. The removed cyber faces.
- Brad Boyes, Jussi Jokinen, Jamie Langenbrunner, John-Michael Liles and Alex Tanguay (I may be missing a couple) all had cyber faces several years ago. They weren't outdated, yet they were still removed. These players are all veterans who can make for some interesting and inexpensive additions to a team in Be a GM mode, so why not add them back? They're not superstars, but still names that are recognized around the NHL. Also, Thomas Vanek's face was re-added (with no alterations) to the game via roster update last season due to his stellar campaign. These faces are not discarded, they are still floating around somewhere.

3. Dan Girardi and Brent Burns.
- If EA themselves have given you a list of THEIR top 50 players, it is only normal for you to expect them to include all 50 players with a correct model in their game. These 2 players specifically are arguably amongst the top 15 defensemen in the sport (top 14 according to EA's top 50 list which includes 14 defensemen) and should be represented correctly in the sport's annual game. User dlxsf18 managed to put together very decent cybers for these 2 stars as an example. I would also like to add that the New York Rangers can use an extra cyber face given that 5 of their 10 stars rated 80 overall and up, still wear a generic face.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #74
Rookie

It seems pointless to bump this thread with so little support from anyone else besides stevendah and mnxnar but here I go again.

Turns out scans were taken in 2011 as well. That brings the list of scanned but cyberless players to 62 guys now. Here's every single one of them:

Quote:
EA Sports also had a station set-up, a room where they took head scan pictures of the players from all angles. These images will be used to make the video game versions of the players for next year's NHL '13.
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/2011-rookie-showcase-underway

Greg Nemisz
Justin Faulk
John Moore
Marcus Kruger
Brendan Smith
Aaron Palushaj
Ryan Ellis
Blake Geoffrion
Adam Henrique
Adam Larsson
Ryan Strome
Tim Erixon
David Rundblad
Simon Despres
Jake Allen
Carter Ashton
Jake Gardiner
Jussi Rynnas
Cody Eakin
Carl Klingberg

Quote:
EA Sports will also be taking head scans of the rookies to be used in their upcoming NHL 13 video game.
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/2012-nhlpa...-nhl-prospects

Tyson Barrie
Nathan Beaulieu
Beau Bennett
Jack Campbell
Charlie Coyle
Emerson Etem
Dougie Hamilton
Quinton Howden
Tomas Jurco
Jared Knight
Leo Komarov
Chris Kreider
Scott Laughton
Ryan Murphy
Brock Nelson
Jamie Oleksiak
Griffin Reinhart
Morgan Rielly
Jaden Schwartz
Reilly Smith
Ryan Spooner
Jarred Tinordi
Tyler Toffoli
Mark Visentin
Austin Watson
(Devan Dubnyk)

Quote:
EA Sports also had a room set up in which the players got to try out the unreleased NHL 14 video game. When they could be dragged away from playing, the players also posed for three-dimensional headshots that will be used for the 2015 edition of the game.
http://www.nhlpa.com/news/the-2013-n...showcase-day-1

Malcolm Subban
Petr Mrazek
Jon Merrill
Dylan McIlrath
Boone Jenner
Tomas Hertl
Ty Rattie
Tom Wilson
Tanner Pearson
Christian Thomas
Adam Clendening
Mark Mcneill
Matt Puempel
Derrick Poulliot
Bo Horvat
Tyler Biggs
Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #75
Rookie

you have Kobasew listed with Colorado, he is on Pittsburgh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Real Face
you have Kobasew listed with Colorado, he is on Pittsburgh
Thanks again

Fixed the following:
D. Brunner to Devils
C. Kobasew to Penguins
B. Morrow to Blues
J. Theodore to UFAs

Let me know if I missed any others.

Last edited by Mnxanr; 10-17-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #77
Rookie

Something interesting that I found today, a couple of Blue Jackets visited EA to take a tour last week. Michael Chaput, Mark Letestu, and David Savard, looks like only the healthy scratches could make it. A CBJ fan could correct me if I'm wrong on that..

Chaput did motion capture, and I'm assuming they all took scans so their faces could make it in next year

Old 11-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #78
Rookie

Although I was disappointed this year with the amount of players scanned, this is promising news. It's pretty much guaranteed that for next gen, we should be getting a minimum of 3/4 of each team's face scanned. I would assume if these guys' faces from Columbus are getting scanned, EA will make the effort to get more significant players (Anisimov, Atkinson, Boll, Johansen, Johnson, Tyutin, Wisniewski, etc) into the game as well.

Over on this thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...elp-us-27.html) they introduced a tool to customize players faces. You guys have probably seen it, but are any of you using it? If so, how complicated is it to use? Thanks.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendah
Although I was disappointed this year with the amount of players scanned, this is promising news. It's pretty much guaranteed that for next gen, we should be getting a minimum of 3/4 of each team's face scanned. I would assume if these guys' faces from Columbus are getting scanned, EA will make the effort to get more significant players (Anisimov, Atkinson, Boll, Johansen, Johnson, Tyutin, Wisniewski, etc) into the game as well.

Over on this thread (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...elp-us-27.html) they introduced a tool to customize players faces. You guys have probably seen it, but are any of you using it? If so, how complicated is it to use? Thanks.
Well, that's pretty optimistic...100% agree that those players (plus Boone Jenner, one of their good prospects) need their faces in but I don't know if these photos confirm anything. I'm just glad that they took the initiative to scan the players who actually came to EA, hopefully they ask that of all the players who visit.

We'll see soon enough if what you said is true, if EA makes presentation a focus scanning players will play a big part in that and they'll make a big deal about it in their dev diaries, blog posts, twitter, etc.

As for the tool it's awesome. Figuring it out was kind of trial and error for me though and I haven't tried to use it for a while. I recommend trying it if you haven't, once you start the process it isn't that difficult at all.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #80
Pro

There's no mystery involved in replacing players faces with ones that look closer. Just use Artem's NHLview and on each players info tab there's a face ID space. Change the number there to that of the better face, which has already been figured out for you for virtually every team if you read through the entire thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »