Home

NHL 15: What the Ignite Engine Means

This is a discussion on NHL 15: What the Ignite Engine Means within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #9
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos
Yet NHL has an online franchise - GM connected that FIfa can only dream about !

Still enjoying an online franchise with Thatsportsgamer that Richard Grisham (from our own Press Row Podcast) was in until a week or so ago when new the season started. Most enjoyable sports experience for me last year. Ran a close second by Next Gen Fifa on the pitch though to be fair.

Genuinely looking forward to Next Gen NHL and what the power of the new console and the company wide EA tech can bring - that team punches well above it`s weight.
I really dont know any other sports games that would want NHLs version of GM Connected, it's as basic as it comes. all you can really do is play games, trade and contracts . thats it. you dont do your own drafting, or anything like that. majority of it, is just simmed.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15: What the Ignite Engine Means

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
I really dont know any other sports games that would want NHLs version of GM Connected, it's as basic as it comes. all you can really do is play games, trade and contracts . thats it. you dont do your own drafting, or anything like that. majority of it, is just simmed.
Agreed it's barebones to an extent but at least you can play games with / against others in a league. I would have taken it in preference to no online franchise for Fifa.

It must be at the top of the to-do list for EA sports flagship.

How great would even the same system be in Fifa with 8-10 human Managers playing against CPU and each other in an ongoing league with parallel cup competitions.

There is also the option to have a number of players in one team playing positions, just one player per team playing in a position or just one human per team controlling the whole team.

NHL and Madden leagues transform the game for many.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #11
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

im hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. crossing fingers!

heck, i honestly hope we get NHL 15 on next gen.

this game has so much potential under the hood already with the proper adjustments. its just a matter of those adjustments being made!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #12
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
I'm anxious to see what the future holds for the NHL series. They did the right thing in not porting 14, and some of the improvements seen in other early NG EA games could breathe some life into NHL (animations, atmosphere, RTP over cutscenes). For me, they need to nail down skating -- there are still too many awkward & unnatural movements -- and completely revamp collision/interaction between players/sticks/puck. It shouldn't be only either poke check or body check, we need to be able to use body and stick positioning more effectively.

Hopefully, the Ignite engine can be used to do this. FIFA made strides in similar weak areas, but FIFA to NHL isn't a fair comparison based on resources.

Last edited by Qb; 01-29-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I'm loving NHL 14 and can't wait to see NHL 15 on my PS4.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
Still comes down to presentation and realism for me. Every arena has to be accurate and all of the things you see on and off the ice have to be there. More stat overlays and better announcing would be appreciated. They are close on the gameplay. Just need to tighten that up.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great write up. I'm really excited for what the Ignite Engine brings for presentation. I have FIFA on next gen and those outside shots of the stadium are awesome, really hoping to see that for NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 24

For starters, more than one ref on the ice, and group celebrations would be nice....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »