Home

Am I the Only one buying this? :)

This is a discussion on Am I the Only one buying this? :) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #41
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Am I the Only one buying this? :)

Is there at least a franchise mode?

Sent using a telephone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #42
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

Everything that happened with the next gen version put a sour taste in my mouth, but I'm going to get the 360 version because I love team play.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM   #43
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I couldn't care less about anything besides Be A GM.
That's where I spend nearly aii my time with the game too, Gagnon. If GM mode is going to be pretty much unchanged, i'm sure hoping at least the gameplay feels fresh.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

if there isnt a season mode im not buying. i'll wait until next year since destiny and wwe 2k15 look pretty promising. Sorry EA better luck next year...
Old 08-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #45
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

They are going to have to really wow me with the gameplay in the demo and EA Access versions for me to make this a first day purchase. I cannot remember the last time that I didn't own this game on day 1, if not earlier.

But with them killing the modes that I use the most and being left to strictly play offline and by myself I don't see a rush in the need for myself to have this right away.

I love hockey, but the gameplay has been putrid in my mind in the past few releases. Online is bad with club and OTP, but if you get 6v6 or so you can kind of mask some of the horrible problems that have not been fixed in years and have a fun time with your friends.

Offline I am left handicapping myself for a realistic experience. I have to turn a blind eye to the way the AI handles certain situations to even pretend that I am playing an NHL game. Sometimes I will dump just for the sake of going through a dump and chase. Put my 4th liners out in a key situation. Or start my backup against his former team just to get him a realistic start. None of those situations are ever really needed in this game. Not to mention the actual CPU AI and what works to win in this game as a human.

I love hockey, more than anything outside of my friends and family and pets, but I think this is the year I draw a line in the sand for myself and hold off on a purchase if it is not something that I am truly happy with and can have fun with.

MLB and Madden have their issues and I would never even try and go online with either of those games (not even an option in MLB, really), but those are two games that with their flaws I can still get a decent single player experience with sliders and ground rules for myself. NHL hasn't been that way in probably 5 years for me. Online team play with our created players was what really kept me playing the series. And that is more of a testament to the people that I have found to play with than it is the game itself, sadly.

Perhaps I could see myself grabbing a used copy or finding a deal down the line with this game if it is not up to my standards, but with how busy I am right now I may not even have a chance to miss it if the gameplay is not heavily improved.

But contrary to some of the hate and in your face attitudes going on in this room of late; I would not begrudge anyone that purchases this game and has fun with it. It is whatever makes you happy. And I don't appreciate the negativity thrown at those who feel as though they may not purchase in light of the recent events, either. Whatever people wish to do with their money is their business. I don't get why so many people look for justification from others to solidify their decision. Try the game and if you can enjoy it and have the money then it is yours to own. If you try it and it is not for you, well then you have the right to not purchase it and state what you dislike about the game, but do so in a civilized and proper manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 01:49 AM   #46
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I couldn't care less about anything besides Be A GM.
It sounds like it wont even be a full Be a GM, so enjoy. I plan to wait to see what its all about. The the mode that matters the most for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #47
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm an offline player so I'll definitely be buying this. Hopefully it does have season mode though. Only time I don't buy the NHL series is when there's a lockout season.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
I'm an offline player so I'll definitely be buying this. Hopefully it does have season mode though. Only time I don't buy the NHL series is when there's a lockout season.

There will be no season mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »