Home

Old 10-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #17

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate99
Saw a tweet from Rammer yesterday that they are working on the roster update and they're waiting for all NHL rookies to play, just another excuse from EA. One incomplete game and a re-release of NHL14.
So basically, it might take till end of the season? Seeing how players make their debuts all throughout the season. Every team has played multiple games already, so basically everyone has played already. Why can't EA just release weekly roster updates or something.....It's just sad how it's 2014 yet EA seems like they're stuck in 2005 or something with the inability to do certain things that everyone else has been able to do for several years.

People are often like "NHL ___ is just last years game but just a roster update" and stuff like that, but now, seems like EA can't even get the roster update part of that correct.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
Rookie

Nate99's Arena

OVR: 0

It's just another excuse from them, they were not focused on it. They are trying to complete the Beta version for the next gen. It's almost ready! My ps4 version is about 70% i'm hoping for a strong 80% by the end of October lol since they left out so many basic features this year.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #19
Rookie

Nate99's Arena

Just saw a tweet from a EA representative saying they plan on releasing a roster update in the next couple if days. Let's see.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So basically, it might take till end of the season? Seeing how players make their debuts all throughout the season. Every team has played multiple games already, so basically everyone has played already. Why can't EA just release weekly roster updates or something.....It's just sad how it's 2014 yet EA seems like they're stuck in 2005 or something with the inability to do certain things that everyone else has been able to do for several years.

People are often like "NHL ___ is just last years game but just a roster update" and stuff like that, but now, seems like EA can't even get the roster update part of that correct.
In all fairness to EA, Darnell Nurse for the Oilers finally played in his first game last night after cracking the lineup from opening day. Don't get me wrong, there is NO excuse for not having and "edit player" function in any sports video game, but I would suspect within 2 weeks we will have the update.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #21
Rookie

Nate99's Arena

I could understand waiting for all of the rookies or top prospects to play but they could have told us. So many people are waiting over a month to start their franchise or season modes with the updated rosters. I'm guessing based on the tweet I saw that we'll see the update by Saturday hopefully.
Here is the tweet I saw from EA's Twitter from today... #NHL15 Roster Update coming soon. Stay tuned for details.

Last edited by Nate99; 10-16-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #22
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

So I downloaded the update, but no Shayne Gostisbehere on the Phantoms. Is the rule that AHL players have to play a certain number of games in the AHL or NHL?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #23
Rookie

BCDX97's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizen
So I downloaded the update, but no Shayne Gostisbehere on the Phantoms. Is the rule that AHL players have to play a certain number of games in the AHL or NHL?
I think for the NHL players they only need to play a game. For the AHL, they need to sign a contract or waiver or something, so that's why sometimes it takes longer for them to get into the game. I'm sure somebody else here can explain it better, but I do think it takes more than just playing in some games for AHL players to get into the video game.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #24
Just started!

Question .....How do I get my custom rosters to gm mode without any errors and players missing etc.....finding this verry frustrating as I see many are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »