Home

Game crashing while editing rosters

This is a discussion on Game crashing while editing rosters within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #9
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game crashing while editing rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanBetts23
You cant change players numbers? There's a screen to where it allows you to change it I thought?
You can change jersey numbers in the menus, but that's not what I'm talking about.

When editing a player, there is a "preferred number" that is locked. It's like the 4th or 5th line down on the "general info" page. This is the number they will be assigned when added to an NHL team. So if there is a player whose preferred number is 15, but his actual number in real life is 51, he will be given 15. Now, during a season or BaGM you can't change jersey numbers for other teams, so he's stuck with it. It gets annoying when trying to have accurate rosters and some guys are wearing the wrong numbers.

Now there is a new bug where some players are assigned #1 regardless of their preferred number.

The "preferred number" used to be unlocked, but EA decided to take it away about 3 years ago.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #10
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Some more fun roster editing problems. Spent two weeks working on my rosters, making all the CAPS, and setting actual lines. Start my season and the lines are all screwed up. Sooo....back to the task of setting lines and I see Rich Clune is no longer on the Leafs and is magically back in the Free Agent Pool. No problem right? just go resign him. NOPE. It wont let me sign him to the Leafs or the Marlies saying that it can not be completed because Toronto would have less than 2 playable goalies.......WTF. I swear to God how does anybody at EA Canada keep their jobs? This is a completely bug filled and incomplete game and as usual after the first month and half of sales the Devs go into hiding......
Old 11-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

There is definitely few bugs with the roster. I moved Kaberle to his Czech team (forgot which one) from Free Agents, EA decided to randomly duplicate him so I'd end up having him on the team and in Free Agents. Wtf!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #12
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

It is very evident that the edit player feature was rushed. They threw it in at the end to shut us all up, but it is extremely buggy. It's a shame. Especially since a lot of other sports games are getting fantastic creation options these days.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:09 AM   #13
Just started!

And created a player does not evolve during the season. (Be A Pro) Good work EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »