Home

NHL 17 Revamped Rosters LITE - Is There Interest?

This is a discussion on NHL 17 Revamped Rosters LITE - Is There Interest? within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in inputting Revamped Rosters LITE for NHL 17 yourself?
Yes - bring on Revamped Rosters LITE 28 53.85%
No - give me Revamped Rosters FULL instead 23 44.23%
No - I do NOT want to do the rosters myself 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:35 AM   #1
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
NHL 17 Revamped Rosters LITE - Is There Interest?

Hey everyone. I have been busy over the past half year keeping a spreadsheet of my Revamped Rosters ratings for NHL 17. Since there is no roster sharing this year, I thought the best option would be to start with a Revamped Rosters LITE option, which would be accurate ratings within EA's ratings scale (basically 78+ overalls for NHL players). Since everyone would have to input the ratings themselves, I figured this would be much quicker for everyone so they can get to playing the game sooner rather than later.

So I am conducting a poll here to gauge the interest level of everyone to see if you guys would like me to put my Revamped LITE ratings on a Google Sheet so you can update your own rosters this year based off of my ratings. Options are described in detail below:

Yes - bring on Revamped Rosters LITE: answer this option if you would be interested in inputting your own rosters based off of EA's ratings scale (basically 78+ overall for an NHL player). This option would be quicker for you as it would be much less editing on your part. You could sort of pick how in-depth you want to go.

No - give me Revamped Rosters FULL instead: answer this option if you would be interested in inputting your own rosters based off of the traditional Revamped Rosters with ratings more spread out to better separate the superstars from the scrubs (basically 64+ overall for NHL players). This option would take much longer as you would have to do extensive editing across the board. Also, remember that you would have to edit the entire CHL, free agents, etc. in addition to just the NHL.

No - I do NOT want to do the rosters myself: answer this option if you do not want to take the time out of your day to input ratings yourself.

Last edited by Simple Mathematics; 07-30-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 Revamped Rosters LITE - Is There Interest?

I say post both
Old 07-31-2016, 08:28 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogias
I say post both
I would, but I do like having somewhat of a life. Doing one set of accurate rosters takes forever, doing 2 of them might cause insanity.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Hurst31's Arena

I'd rather have the separation to be honest. I know it is and would be very time consuming to input everything, but the game just always seem to play a whole lot better when there isn't a ton of players in the low to mid 80's range and yet the best players are only mid to high 90's
Old 08-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1

I am not a GM player, only play now to have some fun and get sliders where I think they're good, and then play a full playoff with updated playoff rosters. So I would choose a mid-range option - I want the separation of a the FULL version, but I don't need the depth of the AHL/CHL/etc., only the NHL playoff rosters.

I hope that made some sense...

TWITCH FEED: ShotgunFarmer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
MVP

If you guys really want the full revamped rosters, I have to stress the amount of time it will take. Especially if you have a job. It will take months, maybe even a half a year or more to complete these. Trust me.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:44 AM   #7
Rookie

I'd be satisfied with just NHL and AHL revamped for play now, season, playoff mode. Not doing CHL would save everyone time it just wouldn't work in BeAGM mode
Old 08-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

I'd be interested in the full revamp for just NHL/AHL. In my experience I really only managed to get a couple of years max out of the rosters in GM Mode before player progression started messing with things. So having that much greater player separation for the purposes of play now, season mode, without having to worry about the other leagues is ideal for me.

I did a LOT of editing myself this year, trying to create separation, but I didn't do extensive enough research (mostly relied on point totals, iffy with things like skating/defensive ability) to be as accurate or in-depth as the Revamped rosters were in the past. Having a spreadsheet to reference would be fantastic.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »