Home

How do you guys utilize buried contracts?

This is a discussion on How do you guys utilize buried contracts? within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How do you guys utilize buried contracts?

One of the teams I'm considering using for my BaGM is the Coyotes. They of course have Pavel Datsyuk and Chris Pronger on their roster, playing in the KHL and "retired" respectively. Wondering how you all handle that in your own GM modes?

I'd like to free up the roster space, but if I trade them away then other teams may make them active. I could bury them in the AHL or make them my scratches as well.

I don't want to have them on my active roster, as they aren't going to be playing, but I don't want to bury them and have their crap morale rating ruin my teams overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys utilize buried contracts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripham23232
One of the teams I'm considering using for my BaGM is the Coyotes. They of course have Pavel Datsyuk and Chris Pronger on their roster, playing in the KHL and "retired" respectively. Wondering how you all handle that in your own GM modes?

I'd like to free up the roster space, but if I trade them away then other teams may make them active. I could bury them in the AHL or make them my scratches as well.

I don't want to have them on my active roster, as they aren't going to be playing, but I don't want to bury them and have their crap morale rating ruin my teams overall.
If you move them to international teams (like Japan, Austria, Belarus) they will be out of your NHL setup so when you start a franchise mode they'll be gone.

Marc Savard (New Jersey), Ryane Clowe (New Jersey), and Nathan Horton (Toronto) are three others you can dump to Japan as well. I do this with any player on the free agents list rated 79 or higher that has retired (Tomas Kaberle) or is playing overseas now (KHL, Euro leagues). A simple Wikipedia search will tell you were that 84 rated D in free agency is really playing. I move those players on the free agents list because I don't want them signed and taking up roster spots and dollars for real NHLers/draft picks. A lot of times trades can't be done because a roster is full.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D19Law
If you move them to international teams (like Japan, Austria, Belarus) they will be out of your NHL setup so when you start a franchise mode they'll be gone.

Marc Savard (New Jersey), Ryane Clowe (New Jersey), and Nathan Horton (Toronto) are three others you can dump to Japan as well. I do this with any player on the free agents list rated 79 or higher that has retired (Tomas Kaberle) or is playing overseas now (KHL, Euro leagues). A simple Wikipedia search will tell you were that 84 rated D in free agency is really playing. I move those players on the free agents list because I don't want them signed and taking up roster spots and dollars for real NHLers/draft picks. A lot of times trades can't be done because a roster is full.
Great idea. Thank you. Feel kinda stupid I didn't think of that.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Tonic's Arena

I'm curious, what would happen if you drop their overall below 50? Will the CPU put those players in the AHL and would they actually play? Would they still count against the cap?
Old 10-08-2016, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

I drop their ratings down below 50 and bury them in the ECHL. Not utilized in Franchise Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Zandrooo's Arena

Does anyone know how to get rid of AHL players that doesn’t show up on the contract page in franchise mode? I have 5 guys i didn’t sign myself and I just can’t get rid of them cuz I can’t see them anywhere else than in edit lines?

Skickat från min iPhone med Operation Sports
Old 12-27-2018, 03:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandrooo
Does anyone know how to get rid of AHL players that doesn’t show up on the contract page in franchise mode? I have 5 guys i didn’t sign myself and I just can’t get rid of them cuz I can’t see them anywhere else than in edit lines?

Those are players that are signed to AHL contracts.

Essentially, to get rid of them, you have to have enough players with NHL contracts playing in the AHL that your team doesn't auto-sign AHL players (it may take several seasons for the existing players to clear out). You also have to hope for some luck on the injury front in goal (if you have 2 goaltender injuries at once, it'll auto-sign a goaltender for your AHL team).

I try to have 30 forwards, 15 defensemen, and 5 goaltenders signed, with 14/7/2 in the NHL and 16/8/3 in the AHL and generally don't have any/many AHL contracts after several seasons.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Zandrooo's Arena

It took me three seasons to get a full roster with players that I’ve signed myself. I now have 29 forwards, 16 defensemen and 5 goaltenders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »